Dirtopia Enduro series kicks off at Delvera

News bot

I'll probably have a Bike Hub t-shirt on should anyone want to say hello.

Subject to no warning points being issued? :ph34r:  :ph34r:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So p-ed off, planned on entering yesterday (first had to make sure that I was going to be in town) and then all hell broke loose at work - totally forgot.

Will have to play on my own and wait for next round

send Arina a mail or drop her a call. Sure she could help you out. 

I'll probably have a Bike Hub t-shirt on should anyone want to say hello.

I'll probably be covered in dust and blood should anyone want to give a hand.

Edited by Pyka

Possible to Spectate?

Keen to get into enduro, so would be nice to check it out. Have broken ribs at the moment, so cannot ride. :(

As I won't be able to enter I would also like to know about spectating this event.

As I won't be able to enter I would also like to know about spectating this event.

Just rock up at Delvera and take a hike. You may find it quite tiring trapping around the mountain so not a good idea if you are sick or injured...

+1 - Also keen to come check this out. Don't have a bike at the moment...it's at the bike shop :-(

Even willing to roll up sleeves and help.

Just rock up at Delvera and take a hike. You may find it quite tiring trapping around the mountain so not a good idea if you are sick or injured...

Thanks Headshot,going to try to make it.Not sick or injured,but travelling with company.

My wife is working nightshift this weekend,so I'm looking after our son.

Well that was ****ING AWESOME!!! I am dead, my legs suffered hugely on the climbs and protested savagely when I tried to pedal on stage 5, but I hit my goal of passing someone (stage 3 - my favourite of the lot) but then had a stick wedge in my chain, which meant I had to stop and fix it.

All in all, a FANTASTIC day, with Martin Zietsman taking the win overall.

Definitely need more fitness.

Well that was ****ING AWESOME!!! I am dead, my legs suffered hugely on the climbs and protested savagely when I tried to pedal on stage 5, but I hit my goal of passing someone (stage 3 - my favourite of the lot) but then had a stick wedge in my chain, which meant I had to stop and fix it.

Yeah, my (un)fitness levels killed me as well but that's not the organiser's fault. Was a great event and a nice way of giving the enduro scene a bash and I too hit my goal...of not being in the bottom 10 :-)

Yeah, my (un)fitness levels killed me as well but that's not the organiser's fault. Was a great event and a nice way of giving the enduro scene a bash and I too hit my goal...of not being in the bottom 10 :-)

Neither was I, despite wanting to challenge for the final reverse-podium position!

Legs were DEAD at stage 4 though. yaaaassis. 

Was a real good event, enjoyed it immensely.

Was great passing the refreshment station twice for some well needed energy.

I had a really good time on the bike today.

I was a bit disorganised and neglected to bring my usual spares. Two kind riders saved my day after the first stage by giving me a tube and lending me some levers. If you read Bike Hub, thank you again!  :thumbup:

I had a really good time on the bike today.

I was a bit disorganised and neglected to bring my usual spares. Two kind riders saved my day after the first stage by giving me a tube and lending me some levers. If you read Bike Hub, thank you again!  :thumbup:

that'll teach you for not running tubeless! :)

More to the point though. Tubeless Conversion Packs need to be catered for on test bikes. Can't have tubes!

Lol, I get looked at very strangely in the start shutes of the USN cup races with my flat pedals, baggies, and 160mm travel trail bike [emoji2]

Works great to keep the fitness levels in check.

Nils second overall on his Mercer steel hardtail.

He must be the most authentic bike phenomenon in South Africa. Riding ability on all calibre of bikes. Build ability. His entire, obsessive approach. Top chap.

Few mates in the top ten. Toppies can ride. Appearances can be deceptive.

Mr Botha's humour at the prize giving was excellent and on cue.