[Event] Kremetart 175km One Day Stage Race 2016

Broker

Was planning on doing this race for the first time this year - with that entry fee, it's off the cards...

Furthermore, on principal I have stopped entering ASG races - they charge a fortune and then don't deliver. The comparison between Berge en Dale and Ride for Sight was day and night - never mind the fact that Ride for Sight was 25% cheaper. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What The Actual F#@k??????

I love this race. Have been on a personal little ASG boycot for a year now. DAMN there goes this one off my list. Will they be taking the money with masks over their faces?

Sorry louis trichardt, You wont be seeing me again, unless you drop ASG.

They sold out to ASG.  Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk

It would have been my 13th 175km.

Price up from R550 last year to R950 this year.

Ma se varkhare, you ASG people ruk the poephol right out of the hoener hey.

So it's my big chance to get up the leaderboard, now that only the fat cats can afford this one! (I'm no good against skinny cats).

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt as I've supported this race for 10 years or so and always love going up for it.

You've got to draw the distinction between the community organizing the event for the common good and a professional organiser there to make money.  Now that the community aspect is downplayed, which kept it helluva cheap, is the new product priced ok compared to similar events?

I'll probably go up this year to suck-it-and-see.  Four meals spread around the Bundu, bag truck, road closure on the N1, massage esp lunchtime, goodie bag of avacodos, % of entry to overall weekend cost; escaping Jo'burg & the cold etc etc.  I can spin myself a story to make it worthwhile.

They sold out to ASG.  Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk

It would have been my 13th 175km.

Price up from R550 last year to R950 this year.

Ma se varkhare, you ASG people ruk the poephol right out of the hoener hey.

Spinne

The Kremetart has always cost 2 times more to run than the entry fees received,  Sponsors have made up the balance and the race has always been fantastic value for money, so losing the major sponsor is huge problem . I guess the only alternative is to charge what it costs to run.  

Hi there,

Please visit https://www.asgevent...egister/?id=328.

With out a sponsor of the event ASG help us in organizing the event. Still the same crew in Limpopo and still the awesome vibe. 

Without ASG the race would have been cancelled, thus the late opening of the entries. 

The value for your money is still mind blowing. 

Hope to see you guys at the Kremetart this year!!!

Dear sir,

It is with a great sadness that I have to inform you that I herewith withdraw any intention of participating in your event.

Regards,

an avid (ex) fan

So it's my big chance to get up the leaderboard, now that only the fat cats can afford this one! (I'm no good against skinny cats).

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt as I've supported this race for 10 years or so and always love going up for it.

You've got to draw the distinction between the community organizing the event for the common good and a professional organiser there to make money.  Now that the community aspect is downplayed, which kept it helluva cheap, is the new product priced ok compared to similar events?

I'll probably go up this year to suck-it-and-see.  Four meals spread around the Bundu, bag truck, road closure on the N1, massage esp lunchtime, goodie bag of avacodos, % of entry to overall weekend cost; escaping Jo'burg & the cold etc etc.  I can spin myself a story to make it worthwhile.

Despite my previous post, I might be bite if you can spin me a yarn as well oh Rumpelstiltskin

PS: If you can put up with my first born, and get him to distinctions in all the sciencey subjects, you may have my first born as payment :D 

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

Despite my previous post, I might be bite if you can spin me a yarn as well oh Rumpelstiltskin

PS: If you can put up with my first born, and get him to distinctions in all the sciencey subjects, you may have my first born as payment :D

I got a history and politics degree, so it's fine you can keep him.

CA as well, but still not science, sorry.

Here's an ASG comparison:

The entry fee for the 2017 Jock Classique is R885, which means early birds will pay R752.

Hi everyone

ASG is providing the Kremetart with an on-line entry solution at cost and we’ll be marketing the event free of charge on our channels.

We will also assist in whichever other capacity we feel we can add value, in particular with some of our service providers which might help in reducing costs.

ASG does not own the event.

We’re not surprised that the event cannot carry on with an entry fee of R550.  An entry fee of R550 for 4 stages of racing with all meals included is way off – nobody caters for less than R100 per person per meal these days (at the very least, with the exception perhaps of the pancake stop), so just the meal cost already places the event in a precarious financial position. If you add other presentation costs of probably just on R500 000 the picture doesn’t look good.

Even with a reasonable sponsorship amount and based on 800 riders, an entry fee of R550 will leave the event struggling to make budget.

Entry fees include  Vat – 14%  - on-line entry and bank charges – anywhere between 10% and 17% - and CSA rider levies - R6 per stage. This effectively brings it down to around R350-R400 depending on whether you’re Vat registered.

Without sponsors events won’t take place because they simply cost too much to present. In this regard the Kremetart is in a difficult position because the race is in a remote area that isn’t densely populated, so it’s difficult to show value to a sponsor.

We don’t want to see the Kremetart fall away after 27 years, but if the current economic situation coupled with an increase in race presentation costs lead to entry fees increasing above levels of affordability - there isn’t much anyone can do and the event will stop.

Come on guys, those of you that have ridden the Kremetart know what an absolutely stunning job they do with the event, and what a lekker kuier it is in the beautiful town (especially the Potjie evening). At R950 I believe you get good value.

It really is one-of-a-kind special event.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct me if Im wrong, but has this also been cancelled now?

Why do you ask this?

More info than not reading our sparring around the event's pricing for 2017?

Just bad/strange.

First no news, then news that ASG is now part (including price hike, quoting increase is due to lack of sponsor) now cancelled, quoting lack of sponsor.

Its just sad. ASG has saved a lot of races, although making them more expensive, but the race lived on. Although it had become too expensive for me, its still sad to lose such a great race.

I would have loved to participate, but it was a bit steep. Ok, maybe not so much for me personally as I did not have a non-cycling weekend in CT.

Still sad to see this

post-14863-0-06362900-1489337524_thumb.jpg