Emotional third Absa Cape Epic title for Kleinhans and Langvad

News bot

After an intriguing week’s racing in the Sasol Women’s category, Ariane Kleinhans and Annika Langvad are now three-time Absa Cape Epic champions; the Swiss-Danish duo joining Karl Platt (who earlier on Sunday won his fifth title) and Stefan Sahm as three-time champion pairings.

Click here to view the article

Huge difference in depth in the men's and ladies' field. 10th place is just over an hour back in the men's, here it's over 9. They need to find a way to get the top female xco riders here (nino, fumic,hermida, coolharvey, fluckigers et al all done it, not many xco ladies in their prime come compete).

Agreed but, despite the lack of depth, I far enjoyed the women's race over the other categories this year.

Good racing will hopefully attract more pros to flex their muscle.

I think the time is right for Marianne Vos to come and ride it.????

PS she can team up with Prevaud

PPS or with Annika

I remember reading an article on CN where the inference was that Marianne and Pauline don't get along all that well. That aside I think they'd wind up giving the top pairings a hard time of it and win a stage or two.

Gun Rita would've been here if 2016 was not an Olympic year, I hope she & et al will be back in 2017

Far more interesting racing this year, could maybe even hold the ladies back one more batch to minimize any influence from the mens' bunches...
Next year without the Olympics I am sure we will see a far stronger field and probably a few more interesting teams. Hats off to organizers for listening!