Advice on flats

BaGearA

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are fine - for a while - then drill out the corner lugs and screw in grub screws

Shoes - Etnies from BMX Direct - http://bmxdirect.net/product/etnies-jameson-mt-hawk-black/

I'll be honest, that sounds like a lot of hard work. I'll check if I can get those giants for about R600.

Don't want to buy online cause I'm impatient - one I've decided I want something, I want it now. ;)

Edit.. I bought me a pair of Etnies a while back.. Was so excited but they were just so uncomfortable, gave them a few months but I'd end up with numb toes after 20km :(

Edited by Uni

Still don't understand why squash shoes aren't more popular in the cycling scene. You get some rather good looking, tough, light and affordable squash shoes.

I also have Hope F20 pedals and it's a killer combo.

Still don't understand why squash shoes aren't more popular in the cycling scene. You get some rather good looking, tough, light and affordable squash shoes.

That sure would save you some money on shoes 

Firstly, the soles aren't stiff enough which will cause your feet to fatigue on longer rides.

Then, after a few months when the soles are torn to shreds you will realise the value of a cycle specific flat shoe. I have a pair of 5-10 Impact Low's which are still going strong with minimal wear after 4 years.

Giants are nice, SO still has them on her bike. I upgraded to saints Cause I could and they provided me with option to service them when needed. I waited for a CWC sale

Picked up a set of new saints last month for R700. Retail about 1300

Still looking for decent shoes. 5 10s out of my orice range. Might pick up some addidas terrex solo which have stealth rubber soles just like the 5 10s. Approx price R1500

Cool the others i saw were a merrel flat pedal shoe also R1500 and vans skate his at around 600

Links to buy the Terrex Solo and merrels in Sa?

I want the solo's but can't find them in sa

I might try the trail cross which are more cycling specific

Actually I think that's the one I'm looking for, Capricorn got them from an online spot but no stock since.

Wana say big thanks to a fellow hubber ( he knows who he is) for helping me with a contact for saints 

Got them today for an incredible price  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Happy days to come

Lekker you feedback on yours, and I'll do the same on the Giants in a week (assuming I find the right tool)