Suikerbosrand. What's with the rudeness?

HappyMartin

Unfortunately, you get tossers everywhere. Pair that with entitlement mentalities and you have a perfect storm of stupidity

true that .

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always amused that generally people only make comments like that when they are in groups .... 

Apropros to your experience I rode there alone on my MTB on Saturday and had the opposite experience, friendly banter and was given space by most as soon as they noticed I was approaching. Those kind of people are everywhere in life my friends!

I'm always amused that generally people only make comments like that when they are in groups .... 

Apropros to your experience I rode there alone on my MTB on Saturday and had the opposite experience, friendly banter and was given space by most as soon as they noticed I was approaching. Those kind of people are everywhere in life my friends!

agreed 90% of ppl who ride there are very cool. Rode there on Monday on my road bike with a mate. And met some cool mountain bikers and had a friendly chat with them as we kept overtaking each other .

As I generally stuff a whole picnic basket in my shirt ,when we got to the top of one climb and I was stuffing my face . I offered them doughnuts ( small woolies ones) and they seemed surprised but accepted . Had some more banter and off we went awesome.There is some good friendly ppl out there.

You just have to ignore the ignoranous.

You should have called them wannabe roadies, they are after all cycling on tar. 

+1 to that.

So, if I understand this correctly: you have okes on mtb that PAY to ride their bikes on tar?

Seriously, what is this world coming too?

With MTBs outselling road bikes 18-1, it is inevitable that more and more dwisses (starting to like this word) will join the MTB side of the sport. Also look at the demographic... Its the average middle class angry male, and thats the segment where most knobheads find themselves. People that stand around the braai and moan about life, you know the type.

Most of them are what you would call "mid pack" riders. They dont like this, and therefore will compesnate and make comments to make themselves feel more like one of the "manne" or brag about "smashing that guy with the Sworks on the downhill".... Shoulders + Chips = knobheads.

I too have noticed a large amount of MTBer riding around SBR? Why is this? And surely if you are the slower "out of place" person, you need to be aware of whats going on around you? It probably these exact same people that moan about "dirt roadies" who are too slow on technical stuff and insist that people "traaaaaaccckkk" or "mooooovveee!!!" during single sections at MTB events.

If you are riding a MTB with wide bars, dont ride 4 abreast, but if you do, just be aware of people who want to come past. In the same breath if you are a dirt roadie (like me), be aware of people coming up behind you and let them past.....

The solution is simple here people, dont be a knobhead, be nice to your fellow cyclist!

The solution is simple here people, dont be a knobhead, be nice to your fellow cyclist!

So what you are saying is be a better version of yourself. Unless you are a dwis. Then don't be a better dwis...???

Sorry bud. MTB rider but I have huge respect for the road guys.

Smile and wave at the jerks, and keep putting the work in.

I reckon its got something to do with being 50 or older....man i find that i'm increasingly suffering like this as well...finding people that just generally irritate me especially when they have no sense of space and that they are blocking the way 

:whistling:

Sorry u had to meet up with these arrogant and selfish ignoramuses

I remember cycling around suikerbos last century.....when all you heard was the wind blowing through the grass and not another human insight :thumbup:

Best thing is to smile and wave :clap:  while silently thinking ignoramus

agree there Swiss. I am now (a lot) closer to 50 than 40 and my tolerance level for knobheads is at an all time low and diminishing exponentially.

So what you are saying is be a better version of yourself. Unless you are a dwis. Then don't be a better dwis...???

"So what you are saying" Why do people do that, why do people take what other people say and then put their own slant on it and then pretend thats what the original person meant.

No, that is NOT "what I was saying" I think I was pretty clear on what I was saying. I did NOT say be a better version of yourself. I said, and here it is again in pretty clear writing: dont be a knobhead, be nice to your fellow cyclist!

"So what you are saying" Why do people do that, why do people take what other people say and then put their own slant on it and them pretend thats what the original person meant.

No, that is NOT "what I was saying" I think I was pretty clear on what I was saying. I DID not say be a better version of yourself. I said, and here it is again in pretty clear writing: dont be a knobhead, be nice to your fellow cyclist!

having a bad day, bru?

agree there Swiss. I am now (a lot) closer to 50 than 40 and my tolerance level for knobheads is at an all time low and diminishing exponentially.

thought you looked a bit crusty round the edges... 

Apropros to your experience I rode there alone on my MTB on Saturday and had the opposite experience, friendly banter and was given space by most as soon as they noticed I was approaching. Those kind of people are everywhere in life my friend

True this. The pack mentality............brrrrr......

Archived