I Don't Get It (Warning: Contains Chunky)

bruce

Okay, so I recorded Carte Blanche Extra last night and watched it this morning.  Not sure what extra footage was in there from the original but anyway.

Chunky, what is your game plan?  I actually quite like you because in a wierd kind of way you've been quite honest and open about what you do.  Why bring all this publicity on yourself?

I know there are plenty of people with the theory that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but as of this week I'm sure there isn't a single cyclist in town (clean or otherwise) that would want to be seen having a cup of coffee with you, nevermind visiting your house.

Hell, I don't think I'd buy bottle cages from you right now.

If the various postings like the SARS ones are even close to true, you've got a great business going - and central to that business is secrecy.

Like I said, I just don't get it.

Perhaps he's working with the cops to lure out the real dopers?

Just a idea.

Please pray that with all the rape, murder, car-jacking, cash-in-transit heists, and all the other general lawlessness that seems the norm in this country, that the cops have more important matters to deal with.

Please pray that with all the rape' date=' murder, car-jacking, cash-in-transit heists, and all the other general lawlessness that seems the norm in this country, that the cops have more important matters to deal with. [/Quote']
Like what? Send MMS's of naked school girls?

Okay' date=' so I recorded Carte Blanche Extra last night and watched it this morning.  Not sure what extra footage was in there from the original but anyway.

Chunky, what is your game plan?  I actually quite like you because in a wierd kind of way you've been quite honest and open about what you do.  Why bring all this publicity on yourself?

I know there are plenty of people with the theory that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but as of this week I'm sure there isn't a single cyclist in town (clean or otherwise) that would want to be seen having a cup of coffee with you, nevermind visiting your house.

If the various postings like the SARS ones are even close to true, you've got a great business going - and central to that business is secrecy.

[/quote']

Maybe the guy just isn't too bright? I mean everyone seems to be of the opinion that the dope messed him up a bit physically, maybe he's just a dope? Maybe he just got too clever and things spiralled out of control before he could stop it? No, I stick to what Bill Cosby said: " that's why they call it dope, dope"

I think he got caught out accidentally by Carte Blanche who went after him quite naturally because of cyclings well documented doping/drugs/landis/festina/ullrich/basso/fuentes/ferrari/hamilton/armstrong/heras/phonak/libertyseguros/drugs/doping problem.

Besides the cops are getting ready to implement 'operation christmas bonus' - tracking drivers on the N1 left hand lane without passengers.

Chunky was on a high, because he was supported by a couple of "track riders" on this forum.

Suddenly, Chunkie's popo hits the fan, and his tjomma's disappear.

He went public, because he thought he's going to be a hero.

Remember how he talk k@k to us here about him only giving advice, because he knows more that those who can search google and find info their?

His bubble burst.   

last thing.

What did you think?

Chunky at one stage said he took stuff overseas and SWOP it for Cycling Equipment.

Did he declare that to Customs?

None of these posts come near to what his motive is/was for his actions. Carte Blanche managed to video secretly 2 dealers dispensing advice and prohibited substances, but Chunky was only video'd offering advice and Bull S%^&T mixed with bravado.

Yes Bruce, I have to second your comment, quite honestly I have always enjoyed Chunks comments and statements, and for all intents and purposes, to me he seems to be a normal guy.

As far as I am concerned he has never said anything that would lead me to disbelieve him and even though I havent seen the Carte Blanche interview, and I wouldnt know Chunky if I saw him in the street, I still kind of admire his honesty and forthright manner - agreeing with his business practise or operations, and liking the person or the personality are two totally seperate issues, but unfortunately too many people dont seem to understand that.!!
widget2006-09-29 09:04:32

Bruce

Bottom line - don't try and apply your logic to somebody else..

IMO he is just stupid - anyone who forgets what he has said and then denies it on camera, only to retract 30 secs later when confronted with what he has actually said when filmed... probably not the sharpest tool in the box.

All this honesty stuff - I struggle with that. Plenty of folks are honest and don't do the sort of despicable stuff he does but they don't get praised for it.

Our sport needs cleaning up if it is to survive - getting rid of characters like him is the first step.

Bruce

Bottom line - don't try and apply your logic to somebody else..

IMO he is just stupid - anyone who forgets what he has said and then denies it on camera' date=' only to retract 30 secs later when confronted with what he has actually said when filmed... probably not the sharpest tool in the box.

All this honesty stuff - I struggle with that. Plenty of folks are honest and don't do the sort of despicable stuff he does but they don't get praised for it.

Our sport needs cleaning up if it is to survive - getting rid of characters like him is the first step.
[/quote']

I'm not saying he is honest in terms of not doing anything wrong, it just absolutely amazes me that he has publicly talked about what he does.  Maybe I'm just trying to analyse this thing too deeply, you know - looking for a hidden motive or game plan when in fact maybe there just isn't one. 

Anyway, the sport is the ultimate victim.  I know that Microsoft will be reducing their sponsorship heavily next year.  From what I've heard Dimension Data are considering their involvement, and now the news about Liberty Life.

What these athletes need to realise is they are killing the goose that lays the golden egg.  At the end of the day they are entertainers, competing for mind share with footballers, wrestlers and play station games.  Sponsors will go where the people are, and if the people don't want to watch cycling, well then the sport is going to die.

Okay' date=' so I recorded Carte Blanche Extra last night and watched it this morning.  Not sure what extra footage was in there from the original but anyway.

[/quote']

Bruce, can't say that I agree with you. He hasn't been open at all. Look back at his postings. He boasts regularly but whenever was posed a direct question he lied. Same as with Carte Blanche thing - said one thing but when reminded about what he stated on the hidden camera he adjusted his story.

He is dirven by the size of his ego. He can't keep quiet because in his mind he was doing such a good job of beating the system that he just couldn't keep it to himself.

I also taped it and was expecting new footage but at the end of it Ruda said that there was going to be a follow up progarm next Sunday with the new footage.