[Event] 2016 Beaulieu MTB And Trail Run Challenge

Odders

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a day! Thank you to everyone who took part in the event this year starting from the Riversands Farm Village Market and thank you to the main sponsors, Land Rover Waterford, CMC Networks and Game Energy Drink. Without their help we would never have been able to pull it off. The hours and hours of planning and hard work were well worth it in the end as the compliments we received were amazing. Results can bee seen by following the Results link on http://www.bps-mtb.co.za

Well done everyone. See you all next year!!!

This was my 3rd year in a row and it was the best route and ride out of the 3 years. Well done guys! I thinking seeding riders is a must for next year due to the growth of the event. I'm a solid mid-pack rider and within the first 10kms of riding I almost got taken out 3 times by faster riders having absolutely no regard for the safety of people they were over taking. I can only imagine they arrived late to the venue and hence were stuck near the back of the start chute.

What a day! Thank you to everyone who took part in the event this year starting from the Riversands Farm Village Market and thank you to the main sponsors, Land Rover Waterford, CMC Networks and Game Energy Drink. Without their help we would never have been able to pull it off. The hours and hours of planning and hard work were well worth it in the end as the compliments we received were amazing. Results can bee seen by following the Results link on http://www.bps-mtb.co.za

Well organized and thanks to the sponsors and for all the hard work making it possible! Had a bit of everything, enjoyed the route and it was nice riding on some trails that are understandably not always open to the public. Will be back next year.

This was my 3rd year in a row and it was the best route and ride out of the 3 years. Well done guys! I thinking seeding riders is a must for next year due to the growth of the event. I'm a solid mid-pack rider and within the first 10kms of riding I almost got taken out 3 times by faster riders having absolutely no regard for the safety of people they were over taking. I can only imagine they arrived late to the venue and hence were stuck near the back of the start chute.

Thank you, We will definitely look at seeding next years 45km and 25km race. 

Thank you, We will definitely look at seeding next years 45km and 25km race. 

My daughter, Kathleen, was the first female Youth in the 25km,

Was there any acknowledge for the youth? We did not hear the School results during the prize giving.

Please consider another water table on the 45km

Did the MTB in 2014 and 2015. Had a very bad experience with the MTB in 2015, so this year I decided to tackle the 12km trail run. What a good track. 

Well done, keep up the good work. Will be back every year if it's that good! 

Did the MTB in 2014 and 2015. Had a very bad experience with the MTB in 2015, so this year I decided to tackle the 12km trail run. What a good track. 

My daughter, Kathleen, was the first female Youth in the 25km,

Was there any acknowledge for the youth? We did not hear the School results during the prize giving.

Please consider another water table on the 45km

The youth prize giving was a bit later than the general prize giving, Reason for the difference in time was to accommodate the racing snakes who finished early. We'll look up your daughters details and contact you as she should have received a trophy.  Thank you for the suggestion on adding another water table to the 45km. We'll certainly look into that next year.   

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your bad experience with the MTB race in 2015. Please send all feedback so that we can rectify any issues for future events. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the 12km Trail as this is a new addition to the event which has been received really well.

What a day! Thank you to everyone who took part in the event this year starting from the Riversands Farm Village Market and thank you to the main sponsors, Land Rover Waterford, CMC Networks and Game Energy Drink. Without their help we would never have been able to pull it off. The hours and hours of planning and hard work were well worth it in the end as the compliments we received were amazing. Results can bee seen by following the Results link on http://www.bps-mtb.co.za.

So at the last minute, literally 7:30am on Sun morning my son (4 & 1/2) and i decided to enter the 15km race with him on his half wheeler. We packed, drove, arrived, unpacked, kitted up and arrived at registration at 8:55 (man it takes long to get him kitted up) to be told that we were too late to register.

However, all the ladies with BIG smiles told us to ride anyway but that we wouldn't be timed. Not aiming for a podium anyway, this suited us perfectly.

In many years I have done many races and I really must commend the organisers on a really fun event with a very decent route. Of course the bottle neck to cross the bridge was a nuisance and the race slightly delayed but all the RED-shirt helpers were so full of smiles and happy to help, both before and after the race.

My little boy had such a ball that he was already asking me on Monday when the next race is happening. He got his own medal, orange water bottle and a sucker and had the best morning ever. Very few races are so chilled and orientated around kids and families. I really wish there were more like this on the calendar - in fact, you guys should put this on once a quarter and not once a year.

Just one comment though - the water stop on the 15km race could've been better suited to all the kids - biscuits, sweets, chips, boiled potatoes....

Thanks guys...845811a21f63c388e8f470b8367dc69b.jpg

f296e49a46c11c35e7fd3e384b5e7a88.jpg

f95b9f20b110a5aec5a2accd06e34b00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Odders, I sent a mail via bps-mtb site and the race timing ppl on Monday re. a correction and nobody has bothered to respond. Can you assist?

p.s great day out, wish those routes were accessible to joe public - tx to all involved.

Hi Odders, I cant get the results - it keeps telling me there is a virus. Any chance of them being put in another format that my computer doesn't have a hissy fit with please?

So at the last minute, literally 7:30am on Sun morning my son (4 & 1/2) and i decided to enter the 15km race with him on his half wheeler. We packed, drove, arrived, unpacked, kitted up and arrived at registration at 8:55 (man it takes long to get him kitted up) to be told that we were too late to register.

However, all the ladies with BIG smiles told us to ride anyway but that we wouldn't be timed. Not aiming for a podium anyway, this suited us perfectly.

In many years I have done many races and I really must commend the organisers on a really fun event with a very decent route. Of course the bottle neck to cross the bridge was a nuisance and the race slightly delayed but all the RED-shirt helpers were so full of smiles and happy to help, both before and after the race.

My little boy had such a ball that he was already asking me on Monday when the next race is happening. He got his own medal, orange water bottle and a sucker and had the best morning ever. Very few races are so chilled and orientated around kids and families. I really wish there were more like this on the calendar - in fact, you guys should put this on once a quarter and not once a year.

Just one comment though - the water stop on the 15km race could've been better suited to all the kids - biscuits, sweets, chips, boiled potatoes....

Thanks guys...845811a21f63c388e8f470b8367dc69b.jpg

f296e49a46c11c35e7fd3e384b5e7a88.jpg

f95b9f20b110a5aec5a2accd06e34b00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Great post thank you. We will look at your idea of adding some treats at the 1st watering point. 

How far into the race was the bottle neck as we'd like to sort that out for next year?

Odders, I sent a mail via bps-mtb site and the race timing ppl on Monday re. a correction and nobody has bothered to respond. Can you assist? p.s great day out, wish those routes were accessible to joe public - tx to all involved.

Please PM me your race number and time and I'll forward to Finish Time to correct. 

Yes, we are very fortunate to be able to utlise the properties for the Beaulieu Challenge. You may be interested to know, the 45km race crosses a total of 22 properties. Discussions are underway to start an MTB and Trail Run Night series, beginning in October which will make use of some of the same trails you rode on during the Beaulieu Challenge.