Ruby vs ESI grips vs Luvhandles?

Andrek

Yes, especially where the thumb grips.

Also pretty hard to clean, actually has to be scrubbed well with proper soap to get them respectable after a dirty ride.

As i am looking to buy these quite soon and don't have experience with silicone grips yet, would you say that the problems are Luv Handle specific or do the other grips also tend to lose their shape?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As i am looking to buy these quite soon and don't have experience with silicone grips yet, would you say that the problems are Luv Handle specific or do the other grips also tend to lose their shape?

I wouldn't really call it a problem, after a few rides there will be slight indentations where you grip the hardest, but that could even make them more comfortable for some, as they conform to the shape of your hand.

Don't expect them to last as long as rubber grips though, they do tear much easier.

As for other silicon grips I can't really say if they would do the same, but for a quarter the price of ESI's its a no brainer.

Has anyone else found that the Luv handles don't retain their shape. They seem to collapse/squash down at the hand pressure points.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hi Christofison, thanks for the feedback! Silicone is suppose to act as a memory foam to take shape of your hand on high pressure points, this is intended to help with grip and comfort. If you feel your grips have deformed too much send us a pic and he see if its doing what it's designed to do. 

Yes, especially where the thumb grips.

Also pretty hard to clean, actually has to be scrubbed well with proper soap to get them respectable after a dirty ride.

Hi Raggieride, thanks for the feedback!! As per above the grips are suppose to take the shape of your hand at high pressure points. We have found that with a little elbow grease and a bit of "Clean Green" the toughest dirt spots gets removed.

As i am looking to buy these quite soon and don't have experience with silicone grips yet, would you say that the problems are Luv Handle specific or do the other grips also tend to lose their 

Hi Ferro, We provide the highest quality silicone grips at the best price! Silicone grips tend to act as comfortable shock absorbing grips when you get the density of the foam right. A delicate balance of not being too hard and not too soft is required for a grip to provide the best grip and comfort combination. Give us a try... Not only do they look great but your hands will Luv them!!

Edited by Luvhandles

Hi Christofison, thanks for the feedback! Silicone is suppose to act as a memory foam to take shape of your hand on high pressure points, this is intended to help with grip and comfort. If you feel your grips have deformed too much send us a pic and he see if its doing what it's designed to do. 

Hi Raggieride, thanks for the feedback!! As per above the grips are suppose to take the shape of your hand at high pressure points. We have found that with a little elbow grease and a bit of "Clean Green" the toughest dirt spots gets removed.

Hi Ferro, We provide the highest quality silicone grips at the best price! Silicone grips tend to act as comfortable shock absorbing grips when you get the density of the foam right. A delicate balance of not being too hard and not too soft is required for a grip to provide the best grip and comfort combination. Give us a try... Not only do they look great but your hands will Luv them!!

No problem guys. Definitely placing an order this week. Sign me up for the (hopefully next to be released) 9.5mm too  :w00t: 

I used some real alcohol when I fitted ESI grips, think it was a bit of whisky or brannas, slips on nicely and dried off quickly, the grips even smells nice for a while.

interesting. .... so the alchohol worked for you. ...and what did you use to slide the grips on with :P

interesting. .... so the alchohol worked for you. ...and what did you use to slide the grips on with :P

[emoji85] [emoji38]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I noticed the "deforming" since day one. All i do before a ride is i "twist" them so that a thick part is up again. I also noticed saturday on the 50 miler that my palms were hurting like a bitch towards the end which never has happened before.

But i think the thicker grips will sort this problem out. Dont know what i am going to do with the 3 spare sets i have...

I guess this thread is the reason why I can't seem to find stock of any colour combo I could live with on the website. 

Might be a good idea to make the end cap flange larger so that it covers the entire end of the grip.

My Luvhandles just got me through a very demanding Expedition Africa with aplomb.

Super comfy.

You guys should try not gripping your bars so tight.......

My bike is like a bucking horse, i have to grip tight or he throws me.

whisper sweet nothings in it's ear, stroke the frame gently, then jump on and show that bike who is the boss ... before you know it you are riding the bike and the bike not taking you for a ride :P

did I ever tell you about a horse I learnt to ride .... would throw any person who tried to ride her ..... turns out that she hated the saddle ..... and I learnt to ride a horse bare back.

now, I am not proposing you take off the saddle and ride your bike, but if you do, remember to remove the seat post at the same time :P

I like Hairy's analogy....

I find that gripping hard when the bike bucks means your balance gets thrown off and you land up 'heavy' on the bike.

Loose hands, soft arms and forgiving legs..... The bike can behave how ever it likes. Macro manage on the rough!

With regards to making the end caps bigger, I think that will get them pulled out easier. I would actually recommend making them slightly less rubbery and a bit more 'plastic' but that is being picky.

I great product and an even better price. The thicker ones will be a winner winner chicken dinner. Looking forward to testing them out

Hi guys. Any chance of getting the Much Luv's out and delivered by the weekend?