Open letter by Vents regarding disc brakes **Graphic photos**

gummibear

Nope - a set of pliers gets attatched to see the true grit of the patient.... :clap: :clap:

OK, I thought maybe you could stick each end to a battery to stimulate more powerful muscle contractions, but that might be considered mechanical doping!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I thought maybe you could stick each end to a battery to stimulate more powerful muscle contractions, but that might be considered mechanical doping!

Surely that would be electrical doping?

Correct decision but which is more dangerous in the peloton, disc brakes or motorbikes? 

Correct decision but which is more dangerous in the peloton, disc brakes or motorbikes?

If they banning all disc brakes maybe they are including the motos which have discs [emoji28]

Two turkeys, one disc rotor!!

Having compared the two, in the dry there is very little difference between the disc and rim, you can use maybe one less finger on the disc for same amount of braking. 

Yoh, those accidents are crazy! 

They are the pro's they should decide if discs are allowed in their peleton.

Thats a no-brainer - The likes of Movistar on Canyon Aeroads (with no disc brake compatible frame in their top end stable) will oppose it and the Spez boys (with top-end disc brake compatible bikes) will support it.

Surely that would be electrical doping?

Or perhaps Electrobiomechanical doping. They are going to have to start x-raying cyclist for battery implants :P

Must have some nerve damage as well hence the reason they installed fibre optic cables in his leg  :whistling:

Did a local roadside vet do that staple work?

I mean, I am no plastic surgeon, but that is some pretty agricultural work there  :wacko:

Next up: Lets ban spokes - a stray spoke on a broken wheel can puncture a lung. And those carbon seat posts and handle bars, sheered off by impact can create a potentially fatal puncture would too. A pedal that breaks off at the shaft with an exposed shaft through the quad... eina!

I guess we should all go and play soccer now.

Little bicycle airbags might be a solution, you know, like front rider airbag and side curtain airbags, and a passenger airbag for tandems.

Did a local roadside vet do that staple work?

I mean, I am no plastic surgeon, but that is some pretty agricultural work there  :wacko:

Barn door engineering...

Is it just me that can't see how a disc could cause that injury to a left leg of the rider, especially given that he did not actually fall?

The disc is on the left side, and his left leg had a whole bike between it and the bike he crashed into.

Exactly, something doesn't quite add up there. He would have to unclip and get his whole leg over the back wheel. Surely the tire and rim rubbing / shredding your upper thigh and kajoolies would also be noticed?

Or did he bang it against an 11-speed cluster rotating at high speed?

Soon we'll only have helicopter view TV coverage.

Soon we'll only have helicopter view TV coverage.

Not if Jodie Swallow has any input

Archived