Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

As far as the consumers protection act goes,where would I stand in this regard?

Well the problem will end up being them disputing any faulty product, so you may have to just get an independent opinion to confirm that the product is not as advertised, which will then give you the grounds for insisting on a replacement (since the attempts to repair have failed).

If they refuse then I reckon it's off to the Office of the Consumer Protector or Small Claims Court you go.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want attention get onto social media - FB, twitter and the global sites of the brands that you are talking about and get the focus from them on to Omnico.

A small man wronged can create a hell of a lot of noise and amplify his voice tenfold via social media.

Dont give up.Take your campaign international - get hold of Fox.

Well the problem will end up being them disputing any faulty product, so you may have to just get an independent opinion to confirm that the product is not as advertised, which will then give you the grounds for insisting on a replacement (since the attempts to repair have failed).

If they refuse then I reckon it's off to the Office of the Consumer Protector or Small Claims Court you go.

Hence why we all just end up leaving it. Cost plus time and effort becomes draining.

Hence why we all just end up leaving it. Cost plus time and effort becomes draining.

Well maybe we should all crowdfund this one.  It's for the greater good after all.

If you want attention get onto social media - FB, twitter and the global sites of the brands that you are talking about and get the focus from them on to Omnico.

A small man wronged can create a hell of a lot of noise and amplify his voice tenfold via social media.

Dont give up.Take your campaign international - get hold of Fox.

yea they say don't underestimate the power of social media. Problem is I don't have Facebook,Twitter or the like.

Guess now would be a good time to start.

But your right pressure from me would mean nothing to omnico. But negative international pressure on there so called best fork to date might hold some sway.

Had a few issues with my cane creek db inline shock. Sent it in for repair, and it started giving the same problem after the first ride. Immediately got into contact with the international/head office and explained the issue, all dramatic of course stating my disappointment in their product and local service center - visibly copying all parties involved in the correspondence.

I returned it for repair, and it seems to hold up now.

I personally don't have the time and patience to deal with incompetence, hence getting the manufacturer involved to ensure that it doesn't become a back and forth exercise of trying to get this sorted.

Good luck, feel your frustration.

Had a few issues with my cane creek db inline shock. Sent it in for repair, and it started giving the same problem after the first ride. Immediately got into contact with the international/head office and explained the issue, all dramatic of course stating my disappointment in their product and local service center - visibly copying all parties involved in the correspondence.

I returned it for repair, and it seems to hold up now.

I personally don't have the time and patience to deal with incompetence, hence getting the manufacturer involved to ensure that it doesn't become a back and forth exercise of trying to get this sorted.

Good luck, feel your frustration.

Good idea skip out omnico. They have had 2 attempts at it already, It's seems as if international and social media is the way to go.

Morning gents,

I thought that I was alone with my problems with Omnico. They are just bloody useless with no commitment to their customers at all. I have been waiting since July 2016 for a replacement Cannondale frame that had cracked.

I love my Cannondale and think that they are the best but would never ever recommend the brand to anybody because of the lack of support from the importers.

Regards and good luck with the fork

Sarge

I had a warranty claim for a cracked Trek frame a few years ago. I literally took more than a year before I received my replacement frame. 

After a year of no joy I contacted Trek International directly. Only after I went this route did I get my frame replaced. 

If I was you I would contact Cannondale directly. 

As a distributor they often give you "boot stock" to sort out issues yourself locally. Warranty etc - send a percentage extra and leave it to local.

Anything else that you can't sort out that gets escalated to the international entity is either chargable or is seen as a black mark against you as the local disty.

So you can see how this works and what they do - bring in minimal repairs stock, screw people around to the max and try and ensure nothing goes to the parent company.

That or they are just lousy. 

Have never given any thought really to who is the main distributor of the products I buy.

But as I look back to the bikes I have owned in the last 4 1/2 yrs or so I have been an avid omnico supporter without even realizing.

From Easton wheels 3 sets,fox forks (to many) and 2 Cannondale frames. Even on the wife's bike as well.

And yet again on my new build fox fork ,Easton wheels.

Not again!

post-51529-0-59921200-1460964154_thumb.png

post-51529-0-48769400-1460964164_thumb.png

post-51529-0-53725700-1460964174_thumb.png

post-51529-0-12801200-1460964186_thumb.png

post-51529-0-95890200-1460964195_thumb.png

post-51529-0-05856300-1460964206_thumb.png

post-51529-0-12536600-1460964219_thumb.png

post-51529-0-53974100-1460964228_thumb.png

post-51529-0-18575800-1460964241_thumb.png

post-51529-0-37109000-1460964250_thumb.jpeg

Dont even get me started about OMNICO

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/153256-omnico-gt-customer-service-is-pathetic/?do=findComment&comment=2691195

Good luck with them, their service is very much not awesome.

Am gobsmacked. And in your thread another issue with a scalpel not being resolved .

Why do we as a community let omnico treat us like this? F@rk them I want a new fork. Although the price shouldn't make a difference it just hurts a little more when you coughing up this much for the best fox have...BS !!

If anyone has any names and or email addresses from previous dealings with fox abroad,or the right people to be in contact with. Please pm some details . Any help will be much appreciated.

Have never given any thought really to who is the main distributor of the products I buy.

But as I look back to the bikes I have owned in the last 4 1/2 yrs or so I have been an avid omnico supporter without even realizing.

From Easton wheels 3 sets,fox forks (to many) and 2 Cannondale frames. Even on the wife's bike as well.

And yet again on my new build fox fork ,Easton wheels.

Not again!

having seen your fleet of bikes I retract the crowdfunding suggestion!! :drool:

having seen your fleet of bikes I retract the crowdfunding suggestion!! :drool:

ha ha not fleet at all. Lost enough money finding my preference in my riding . I seem quite good at expensive lessons ????Only zesty & bmc now ????

Archived