Garmin honoured their warranty :-)

Ratty

All too often people post about negative experiences.  This week I have a very positive experience with a garmin warranty claim.

Last month in preparation for the Vitality Rewards changes I bought the Garmin VivoSmart HR (I've wanted something like it for a long time).  It is a fantastic device that can broadcast my heart rate to my Edge 500 and its great for runs etc.  Loving it.

Then on Sunday I went surfing.  As the device is water resistant up to 50 metres I didn't bother to take it off, in fact I was recording my session (website says you can swim and snorkel with it).  When I tried to stop the session, the touch screen wouldn't work . I thought it was just because it was wet, but shortly afterwards the device shut down completely.

After charging for a few hours at home it came to life again.  But by the next morning it was dead again.  Absolutely devastated I took it to Nav World aka Garmin in the hope that they could repair it.   They said they would look at it and let me know. 

Got a call today to say that it definitely isn't working properly and that they have put aside a replacement device for me.

So thumbs up for Garmin for honouring the warranty and for not even making me feel like I did something wrong (which lots of places do).

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i too had a similar good experience with navworld in randburg, took my 4 month old 920xt there for them to check out as it was giving some in accurate measurements, walked out with a brand new one as they realised it was a fault with the unit.

I've also had very good service from Garmin in SA.

They've replaced a few products for me. The one time, they sent me a goodie bag as well.  :thumbup:

I can say the same...they are good with their Warranty claims. 

I Bought two 810 Edge Bundles in 2014. One for me and another for my wife.About a month ago I found that my HR monitor connect and disconnect continuously from the 810 unit. Knowing that my Unit was out of Warranty, I took it to Cape Union Mart from where I had bought the units. I requested that they forward it to Garmin for repair.

A few days later got a response from Garmin. They establish that my Unit and the HR monitor was faulty and that they will supply me with a brand new Garmin 810 edge Bundle with all Warranty in tact. They requested an amount of R1200. I was more than happy to pay it since I was aware that my Unit was already out of warranty and the price of a new Garmin 810 Edge is way over 5k. 

I will definitely keep on supporting Garmin

My 800 came loose during a race and crash damaged

Got an 810 at a crazy replacement price

Great after-sales service

Also in the past had good service from them on a hiking GPS, have car, hiking and cycling GPS-es and all Garmin, would take a lot to get me to change to another brand.

I also had a great experience with my Garmin 510 warranty claim

Way to go Garmin, that is the way to keep happy customers!

Garmins warranty in my experience is second to none in SA. They are fantastic.

My experience as well.

That is why I will always use them.

Not like some of the other strings.

Archived