Tour de France Fantasy Tour 2016

Frosty

I don't know if it is because I am trying to select my team via my tablet but it is giving me 12 riders and 4 substitutes and it won't let me delete any of them.

shhhh you shouldn't have said anything. :whistling:

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran a parallel version for the Giro, with and without break points. It made very little difference overall, but did help to break a few ties.

That is quite interesting. I think in the grand scheme of things it will make very little difference, but if someone strikes lottery gold with a single rider breaking away in two or more stages. Stage 8 and 14 potentially have big points on offer for someone taking a flier on a non-jersey rider. (This is based on my few hours of research and zero-actual interpretation of the rules, points and TdF in general, but hey, I like my fantasy sports :P)

The trouble is I need to get rid of half of them and replace them with winners.

I am letting my team just rest for today and will sleep on it... my head is spinning from all the stats and videos I have been watching to make a decision on the final team.

That first damn week could potentially be very tricky

That is quite interesting. I think in the grand scheme of things it will make very little difference, but if someone strikes lottery gold with a single rider breaking away in two or more stages. Stage 8 and 14 potentially have big points on offer for someone taking a flier on a non-jersey rider. (This is based on my few hours of research and zero-actual interpretation of the rules, points and TdF in general, but hey, I like my fantasy sports :P)

Sagan saved plenty of our behinds during last TDF fantasy game with all his days in the break hey.

Also the fact that he was wearing the white jersey and scoring for the green jersey...helped us out

To add.. Allaphilipe may be that rider this year.. scoring points over 2 competitions or even 3.

flip.. just pretend I didn't say that.. dammit.. should have kept my trap shut

Edited by Gen

As you say... if someone strikes lottery gold with a single rider breaking away in two or more stages.

But they are also losing out on two other riders that could score points on the stages these guys can't break away.

Edited by geraldm24

As you say... if someone strikes lottery gold with a single rider breaking away in two or more stages.

But they are also losing out on two other riders that could score points on the stages these guys can't break away.

Perhaps this was just my way of surreptitiously figuring out what the best strategy is to use  :whistling:

Perhaps this was just my way of surreptitiously figuring out what the best strategy is to use :whistling:

the best strategy includes a bit of luck too.

Getting the mix right between stages placings (top 20) and the category leaders.

At the Giro, Kruiswijk, Dumoulin and Jungels were the surprise big points scorers.

I miss the days when there were only 30 or 40 hubbers taking part (but then the prizes were much smaller). If you came last you still made top 50 :)

I miss the days when there were only 30 or 40 hubbers taking part (but then the prizes were much smaller). If you came last you still made top 50 :)

Doesn't matter how many ppl take part, going for the Lanterne Rougue still the same :D 

I don't know if it is because I am trying to select my team via my tablet but it is giving me 12 riders and 4 substitutes and it won't let me delete any of them.

It's likely the tablet causing trouble. What tablet & browse are you using?

You can PM me your correct picks and I'll make the changes.

It's likely the tablet causing trouble. What tablet & browse are you using?

You can PM me your correct picks and I'll make the changes.

Thanks, I was using a Samsung Galaxy tab S with the chrome browser.

I have just updated my selections now that I am home at my pc and it is back to 9 riders and 3 subs so not to worry. (except that I wont have 16 riders on my team anymore  :( )

query for Gerald

daily jersey points:

the jersey holder gets 10, 2nd gets 9..etc etc..down to 10th getting 1

then there are bonus 10 points for jersey wearer.

a) does the guy in (eg.) polka dot get 10 or 10 + 10 points for being in that jersey

b) it is according to the category, not who is physically wearing it (ie. someone leading two categories then lends it to #2 in the lesser category)

I know I could probably just check through the Fantasy Giro scoring to verify, but it's probably worth getting confirmation here in case it comes up again later.

ps. awesome stuff - really slick again, good job guys!

The list for the young riders, on the Procyclingstats.com website only shows the youngest 25 riders and not the entire list.

Anyone born after 01/01/1991 qualifies for the Young Rider competition (white jersey).

there's a little sneak there. select top riders, and then U25 and you get a list of 29 riders. the oldest seems to be Berhane at 25y 200 d, then Kelderman 25y 121d. not sure if that helps

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?c=3&id=163736&stat_id=154