[Event] Cullinan 2 Tonteldoos MTB Ultra (260km)

Eveza

Eveza, would you please give a bit of a description of the 4 support table that would be available?

Will it mostly be water and sweets? Or will there be something like boerie-rolls and banana bread?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

done.

G

No, the support driver only needs to register on race day at the start check-in. So just get the entries in and worry about the support driver later :-)

Eveza, would you please give a bit of a description of the 4 support table that would be available?

Will it mostly be water and sweets? Or will there be something like boerie-rolls and banana bread?

The support tables (with the exception of the 3rd on at Loskop) will have the normal stuff like water, coke, bananas, potatoes, jelly babies, etc. The water tables are also the check-in points where both you and your support crew has to check-in. It is the responsibility of your support vehicle to supply you with all the food and extra nutrition you will need. 

So you will need two gps devices for this race.

One for the rider that needs to navigate the route and another for your support vehicle to get to the checkpoints as they can't follow the riders out on the route or are the checkpoints on main routes? 

*total hijack *

this looks like a great event.

All these endurance rides are flippen awesome !!!! and the more we have the better!

With all the district and farm roads in our country, we are perfectly placed for these kinds of events. Just awesome. If I was in GP land and able to ride I would for sure do this one (even though its uphill)

So you will need two gps devices for this race.

One for the rider that needs to navigate the route and another for your support vehicle to get to the checkpoints as they can't follow the riders out on the route or are the checkpoints on main routes? 

That is correct. The riders will receive their route file and the support vehicles will receive another file. Support riders will also receive a map but it is strongly recommended that they also rather use a GPS device to make sure they get to the check-points easily and in time.

I cant log in this morning to complete my registration... 

I suggest to rather start a new registration instead of trying to continue with the abandoned entry. 

The support tables (with the exception of the 3rd on at Loskop) will have the normal stuff like water, coke, bananas, potatoes, jelly babies, etc. The water tables are also the check-in points where both you and your support crew has to check-in. It is the responsibility of your support vehicle to supply you with all the food and extra nutrition you will need. 

Great, I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you

surely today a simple iPhone/iPad with 3G and google maps should work ?

a email shared at the time listing each of the check points as pins placed on which can be clicked and opened in google maps then.

G

That is correct. The riders will receive their route file and the support vehicles will receive another file. Support riders will also receive a map but it is strongly recommended that they also rather use a GPS device to make sure they get to the check-points easily and in time.

surely today a simple iPhone/iPad with 3G and google maps should work ?

a email shared at the time listing each of the check points as pins placed on which can be clicked and opened in google maps then.

G

Unfortunately not that simple since support crew are not at any point allowed on the same roads that riders will use so we have very specific roads they have to take to get to check points. If we simply give pins, google map may guide the support crew onto roads they are not allowed to use. If you however have GPS software on your phone that can import a GPX file, you are welcome to use that. 

what are the average gradients of the climbs? anything like fangs, mac, little mac?

No serious climbs besides the short pass about 10km from the finish. Quite steep on tired legs. 

The rest are mostly long drags.

Can you maybe share a short route in this format, which can then be tested on a device.

Our probably support drive only have a Edge 500, so need a better solution.

G

Unfortunately not that simple since support crew are not at any point allowed on the same roads that riders will use so we have very specific roads they have to take to get to check points. If we simply give pins, google map may guide the support crew onto roads they are not allowed to use. If you however have GPS software on your phone that can import a GPX file, you are welcome to use that.