Beginners Training Group

kjind

Good morning everybody

I'm looking for a beginners training group in the

Durbanville area.

Any info on who I can contact will be great.

Thanks

City will be starting a "beginners" group on Saturday a.m. . be at the Edgemead Sports Fields @ 7.00am. so far we have a small group of three beginners who are runners and are going to do their first Argus next year.

High Street Cycles don't exist anymore, but they still ride together.

This "weekly" e-mail still lands in my box every Friday.

This was last weekend's rides from them:

"Tomorrow we plan to cycle to Du Toits Kloof Pass. The ?not so strong and fits? can turn back in Paarl. This will still give you a ride of ? 80 km. to Paarl and back.

I hope the weather will be fine. Last week end Windguru made a complete hash of it and this week end they are again very optimistic with no rain predicted. However, the SA Weather service is not so positive, cloudy tomorrow with a possibility of rain on Sunday.

We?ll wait and see.

Please note we will from now on be leaving at 06h30!!

Saturday 06h30 from ?old? High Street Cycles venue in Durban Road

Weather 16?C North Westerly. 9 Knots

Route Bottelary, Klapmuts, Agter Paarl road to Paarl (short route can turn off earlier) - moderate pace ? 85km

Sunday 06h30 from ?old? High Street Cycles venue in Durban Road

Weather 13?C South Westerly 5 Knots

Route Gordon?s Bay via Kuilsriver and back ? 84km

Food for thought : ?The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you?ve got to put up with the rain?

Ciao

Jan

Cell : 0828896380

Hi to all the High Flyers

Part of human nature is unfortunately that something firstly has to happen before we take cognizance of the world around us. In this case I am referring to Mossie?s high speed crash, when he was nicked by a passing car, on Saturday morning on our way to Du Toit?s Kloof pass.

This incident could have been very serious, but fortunately, accept for a battered and bruised Mossie, he was none the worse off.

So let me get to the crux of the matter:

1.     A cyclist CANNOT take on a motor vehicle, it?s a categorical fact!

2.     There is NO reason why (if it?s available) we have to move from out of the yellow shoulder when cycling two abreast.

3.     We HAVE to bide by the traffic rules

4.     We HAVE to cycle defensively

Listen guys, let?s face it, cycling per se is dangerous, we have to do our utmost, for yourself as well as the group you?re riding in, to make your contribution so that we never have to reflect on plain stupidity when somebody is injured or even killed!

Despite the fantastic weather we hade the last couple of days, the weather forecast for the week end is pretty bleak, with a possibility of rain both days, but if it holds, we will cycle to Bainskloof Pass on Saturday and the usual trip to Gordon?s Bay on Sunday.

Please note we will from now on be leaving at 06h30!!

Saturday 7/10/06: 6h30 from ?old? High Street Cycles venue in Durban Road

Weather     16?C North Westerly. 9 Knots

Route     Durbanville, Wellington via the Agter Paarl road (short route can turn off earlier) - moderate pace ? 100km

Sunday     06h30 from ?old? High Street Cycles venue in Durban Road

Weather     13?C South Westerly 5 Knots

Route     Gordon?s Bay via Kuilsriver and back ? 84km

Food for thought : ?We toss the coin, but it is the Lord who controls its decision?

Ciao

Jan

Tel : 021 9193885

Fax : 021 9193885

Cell     : 0828896380

Hi Kjind. Myself and a couple of friends do a 50k loop from Adderley road every Thursday morning, +/- 9.30, weather permitting. If you are not one of the working class you would be quite welcome to join us. I am sure we could adjust to meet your ability - for a while, anyway!