Ford Ranger Bike rack - what do you think?

Track

I have made and fitted a rack to the back of my Frod Ranger. It will be able to carry 3 bikes with the front wheels removed. I have done it so the cover can be adjusted and stay on the bin. It's adjustable and easy to fit and remove.

I'm looking for some feedback - any comments welcome - thx

post-35671-0-74433800-1466178432_thumb.jpeg

post-35671-0-24138800-1466178466_thumb.jpeg

post-35671-0-75510200-1466178490_thumb.jpeg

post-35671-0-26773600-1466178513_thumb.jpeg

Did somethong similar on my Amarok, just two stainless sqaure tubes bolted into the aluminium frame of the canopy sail. Mounted my volvo's two upright racks eight onto it; works a charm.

Looks legit

Because taking those sails off is not like ripping off velcro, putting them back on even worst.

Why not just hang the front wheel over the tailgate

Why not just hang the front wheel over the tailgate

I need to have the option of carrying another two bikes on a rack at the back if need be. I've set this up for two bike on the bin.

Those look awesome. Nice idea to have them above the load bin. Prefer the Proride 591's on the white Ford so you don't need to remove wheels. Off and riding in 15 seconds, no wheel or thru-axle left at home or taking up space in the load bin.

Well done guys!! Nice.

Those look awesome. Nice idea to have them above the load bin. Prefer the Proride 591's on the white Ford so you don't need to remove wheels. Off and riding in 15 seconds, no wheel or thru-axle left at home or taking up space in the load bin.

Well done guys!! Nice.

Agreed. The only prob is the roll bar on my bin. The pro ride sticks out quit far.

You need to lock that rear wheel down in case it bounces.

Looks like there is a small cam lock belt there for that. Might damage the rim though. All that is needed is a 12mm wide valcro strap for ease of use.

Looks like there is a small cam lock belt there for that. Might damage the rim though. All that is needed is a 12mm wide valcro strap for ease of use.

Will do, just stuck them on for the pics.