Least favourite stretch of road...

Rhodent

No matter how bad the road or the weather, its got to be better riding your bike than doing anything else.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vissershok from the N7 turn.....Narrow and then you still have to negotiate the 1,1km steep section at the top. Dont even mention when the SE is blowing

The stretch of road between Fish Hoek and Lakeside.... 

That bit kills me.

So may ass hat drivers.....

top two is Visser's hok after you've already done a very fast 90km (the 99er) and then Suikerbossie in hout bay just after chappies killed your legs and almost broke your spirit.

For me it has to be the road between Kaapmuiden and Barberton. Used to be the last leg of the Jock and the last 25km or so is a neverending drag!

That brings back memories.  Even my teeth were cramping there.

Judging by the responses, Gauteng seems to have less k@k roads vs the other provinces.

Is SANRAL looking after us better because some of us pay e-tolls???

Judging by the responses, Gauteng seems to have less k@k roads vs the other provinces.

We are just not as angry as our Jhb brothers and sisters so we notice when our blood pressure rises! :whistling:

The bit after Atlantis in the West Coast express, The majority of the road in Langebaan in the lagoon race until the "Black Mamba" has its way with you.

...I still quiver when i think back on how i dropped my chain between cassette and spokes looking for more than the 25tooth blade... that one ended like a duathlon with me running across the finnish.

The bit after Atlantis in the West Coast express, The majority of the road in Langebaan in the lagoon race until the "Black Mamba" has its way with you.

...I still quiver when i think back on how i dropped my chain between cassette and spokes looking for more than the 25tooth blade... that one ended like a duathlon with me running across the finnish.

Looking for more gears haha. Reminds me of Odendaal Road on the 99er. Climbing up in 39-25 was murder and yet I still managed to sprint the last section so I could lift both arms up over the finish....then I collapsed under a tree completely spent. 

Looking for more gears haha. Reminds me of Odendaal Road on the 99er. Climbing up in 39-25 was murder and yet I still managed to sprint the last section so I could lift both arms up over the finish....then I collapsed under a tree completely spent. 

I struggled up Vissershok that day, then when i got to Odendaal, the support was amazing, dug deep and found a second wind somewhere. Managed to catch most of the guys who passed me on Vissers. I have a love for that climb though

maybe you vaalies just moan less than kaapies

ooooo the southeaster oooooo

shame

:w00t:

maybe you vaalies just moan less than kaapies

ooooo the southeaster oooooo

shame

:w00t:

The South Easter is a blessing and a curse this side mate. Love hate relationship with that one. From a 35km/h average to a 20-24km/h average if that one is beating you down

Archived