Good after sales service is key

Relatives hard to find in SA

I'll pick Giant TCR

Great reviews

Solid after-sales

Underrated and great value

CAAD 12 stunning too

After-sales back-up can be a challenge

I've had a Cannondale Supersix Evo 5 and now the Giant TCR Advanced.. both had/has 105 11 speed and I prefer the Giant... Much nicer bike than the Cannondale but that is just my personal preference, each to his own...

To each his own, but at that price you will not get a top of the range carbon frame.

The CAAD will outperform a carbon frame at the same price point. It truly is an exceptional frame, not just an exceptional Aluminium one.

I think the CAAD is an excellent bike, but should not cost more than R15k ... new... complete bike.

I rode both a CAAD and a carbon TCR Advance 2. You will be amazed by the stiffness of the TCR. Actually there is no comparison.

I've had a Cannondale Supersix Evo 5 and now the Giant TCR Advanced.. both had/has 105 11 speed and I prefer the Giant... Much nicer bike than the Cannondale but that is just my personal preference, each to his own...

So my buddy has the top of the range CAAD12 the black inc. paid all of R60k'ish  for it. i bought a 2016 model TCR Advanced 2 and both he and i agree that he would have been better off buying the same value TCR Advanced SL as the differences is so vast.

Dont get me wrong, the CAAD12 is a lovely AL bike, but it just does not cut it compared to my bike which costs half as much. Groupset and wheels aside, rather get the Carbon bike, you will always have that thought in the back of your head..."What if" I just went carbon in the first place.

Edited by VolkAdik

Buy used.

I bought a Canondale Supersix 105 for R13k in 2014, then did the Redcap ride from JHB to Durbs on it a week later, no problem.

Just be observant and buy smart.

haha... :)  and I sold my TCR as I prefer my Supersix

as said - personal preference for sure

I think the BMCs are also in that price range.

At R30k you'll have your pick of pretty much any carbon 105 bike except the boutique ones.

Or get a chinese carbon one and you'll end up with a similar bike but with sexy carbon deep section wheels instead of RS21/Aksium/Equivalents.

Have a chat to Marz Cycles. He has some awesome deals on Bianchi / Giant/ Merida frames and can built to your specs. See his adverts in Classifieds

haha... :)  and I sold my TCR as I prefer my Supersix

as said - personal preference for sure

We specificaly refering to the 2016 TCR Advanced, its a different beast altogether. All TCR's 2010 to 2015 are based around the chunky design with the Vector seat post. 

I have both a 2011 TCR Advanced and a 2016 model. Even there the difference is tangible.

• 2 months later...

We specificaly refering to the 2016 TCR Advanced, its a different beast altogether. All TCR's 2010 to 2015 are based around the chunky design with the Vector seat post. 

I have both a 2011 TCR Advanced and a 2016 model. Even there the difference is tangible.

New TCR's are awesome yes. The ones I had, had the Victor seat posts yes.

• 2 weeks later...