Ironman 70.3 East London 2017

fanievb

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken off the 88mm rear and will run 50mm... less weight for the climbing and because of the predicted wind !!  Hopefully the climbing legs will turn up on the day :)

post-33015-0-13330200-1485171021_thumb.jpg

Taken off the 88mm rear and will run 50mm... less weight for the climbing and because of the predicted wind !!  Hopefully the climbing legs will turn up on the day :)

You can always bet on the wind around here!

You can always bet on the wind around here!

Felt the wind last year, especially on the open sections of the M2... funnily when on the run there was not that much of a wind !!

Hi, there are two double rooms at Hathaway house on Bunkershill that have just become available! Brilliant location for participants and competitors.

www.hathaway.co.za

30km winds is not a deal breaker for a disc. Have you ridden your disc before under those conditions and could you handle the bike? Actually the wind is more applicable to your front wheel. Whats your weight?

30km winds is not a deal breaker for a disc. Have you ridden your disc before under those conditions and could you handle the bike? Actually the wind is more applicable to your front wheel. Whats your weight?

Never ridden my disc with 30km/hr winds. Probably much less! Weigh 76kg at the moment...

When are you guys heading down?

Im leaving tomorrow night after work, sleeping over in Bloem, and then the 2nd half on Thursday morning...

Should make for a few easy days of chilling there with a 30min of heaving breathing each day!

Flying Friday afternoon

Registration, swim then bike collection Saturday morning

Load up in transition Saturday afternoon

Race Sunday

Bike back to transport company as soon at transition opens after race

Shower, change and off to airport

Fly back Sunday evening :)

Here already, municipality is very busy cleaning up the beachfront ????????

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Archived