New singletrack in Lebanon, Grabouw

Dan Dob

I rode the red loop with my wife yesterday - she is on school holiday leave so we took a gap. I lost rode there 10 years ago and it was great to be back.

The new stuff Dan has built is great - some tech climbs and tech descents  - nothing over built and good flow.

As he said, it needs to be ridden in a bit so get out there and ride it peeps. 

Good to hear some feedback Headshot and glad you found the trails! Got some new ones online this week which should be good fun once bedded in and marked.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rode on saturday. WOW. The new black bits is awesome for me. knarly.  

After "raking rocks" the start of never "want to grow up" felt boring, but as you go along it gets beter and beter. Think is was just matter of big contras. 

You guy did a GREAT job. Thank you so much. 

I rode on saturday. WOW. The new black bits is awesome for me. knarly.  

After "raking rocks" the start of never "want to grow up" felt boring, but as you go along it gets beter and beter. Think is was just matter of big contras. 

You guy did a GREAT job. Thank you so much. 

Thanks Whattingh! Updating our trail map today, to show another few trails ."Lights, camera, action"-feeds off 'never want to grow up' on the 2nd hill and is a bit obscured for now but has a RAD rocky bit with 3 different lines that will get everyone a bit nervous.

And then there's a new hidden area of Lebanon that's never been used where we built 800m of trail called "Zambuk" and "Owl's Roost" that is going to be a very nice trail once it beds in!

Awesome stuff, about time you guys did some real work!!! :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  

also didn't work for me but here it is directly in technicolour

http://www.irideafrica.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Lebanon-MTB-trail-map-2016.png

Thanks chap, but I didn't want to put the map up here like this as it's changing almost every day with new trails! If people use my link then I can at least make sure everyone is downloading the latest maps

Just rode Lebanon red route. New trails add greatly to the ride and will just get better the more they get ridden. Well worth the suffering of the climb in the first 13k because once that's done there's great fun on the homeward leg of the loop. Thanks to the trailbuilders!

So how's the signage. I ride alone and getting lost sucks eiers. Used to get lost often at Lebanon till eventually I learned the routes.

Only one point where I wasn't sure but for the rest the signage is pretty good. My mate and I tend to ride straight past signs, he's chatting and I'm suffering, and we managed fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Rode there again on Saturday. Signage is lekker now. But the trails are more lekker.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Rode there again on Saturday. Signage is lekker now. But the trails are more lekker.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Lekker.  Sal plan moet maak binnekort.

• 2 weeks later...

Howzit hubbers,

Another new trail added by Harry last week on the Lebanon trails. It's called an 'Ode to Molini' and creates a link to 'Zambuc' and 'Owls Roost'. New signage for the entire network is going up shortly but in the mean time you'll have to follow rock cairns on the side of the road.

I have updated the map on our website and have changed all the new alternative trails to orange so that riders can 'make up their adventure' by using the current routes and incorporating the orange trails into their ride.

Go out there and have some fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hubbers. New directional signage will be going up quite soon (if not already). We've also created some trail name signage that is almost finished thanks to the peeps at Action Frames putting back into our sport. Hoping to add a bit a character to the trails with fun trail names.post-6207-0-10375300-1470990716_thumb.jpg

Hi Hubbers. New directional signage will be going up quite soon (if not already). We've also created some trail name signage that is almost finished thanks to the peeps at Action Frames putting back into our sport. Hoping to add a bit a character to the trails with fun trail names.attachicon.gifIMG-20160811-WA0002.jpg

awesome naming of trails!

some of the std names on our trails are really not very creative ...... I am hoping and assuming that a person who comes up with creative trail names also has a creative mind, and that mindset is being implemented on the trail when designing the trails!

best wishes and thank you for the hard work!

awesome naming of trails!

some of the std names on our trails are really not very creative ...... I am hoping and assuming that a person who comes up with creative trail names also has a creative mind, and that mindset is being implemented on the trail when designing the trails!

best wishes and thank you for the hard work!

like "THE Single Track"

Archived