GPS bike computers. Which one?

Reden

What, no Fenix 3???  :ph34r:

Have the Edge 500 but also have a fenix 3 on the way (1 day in the SAPO system but its looking positive so far)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a phone app for a GPS trip meter (just trip meter) , are there any GPS enabled trip meters out there ? No routing , maps tracking and all those gimmicks . 

I have a Garmin Edge 500 and haven't had a days hassle with the unit. Make sure you get the bundle as it comes with the HRM and the Cadence sensor. I picked mine bundle up online here at the Hub for R3500 and was in mint to brand new condition.

Edge 500 ... no need to go fancier. Smallest device, and does everything you would ever need, except for displaying topo maps etc.

What, no Fenix 3???  :ph34r:

Have the Edge 500 but also have a fenix 3 on the way (1 day in the SAPO system but its looking positive so far)

I think that is much more than the OP wants to spend. But it is great.

I am fortunate to have the Fenix 3 and the Edge 520. Both are fantastic.

The Edge 520 is probably the best compromise Garmin unit.

The Edge 25 is great if you don't mind the limited functionality (HR, speed, cadence are probably more than enough for 95% of cyclists).

However, if you want to use base maps (for proper bundu bashing type events), then you need an 810.

The Edge 520 is probably the best compromise Garmin unit.

The Edge 25 is great if you don't mind the limited functionality (HR, speed, cadence are probably more than enough for 95% of cyclists).

However, if you want to use base maps (for proper bundu bashing type events), then you need an 810.

I'm looking for 4 functions on display.

Distance together with the mentioned 3 but does not seem to be on the 25's screen.

I'm looking for 4 functions on display.

Distance together with the mentioned 3 but does not seem to be on the 25's screen.

as per dc rainmaker review: 

When it comes to ride data field display, you’ve got the following:

Data Page 1: Customizable with three metrics

Data Page 2: Customizable with two metrics

Data Page 3: Heart Rate (BPM) & Heart Rate Zone (Edge 25 only)

Time Screen: Shows time/date

+As for the metrics you can select, they are as follows:

Metrics available: Time, Distance, Speed, Average Speed, Calories, Cadence (Edge 25 only), Total Ascent

(Ascent uses GPS elevation fields, neither unit has a barometric altimeter)

Archived