GPS bike computers. Which one?

Reden

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done a few rides with people who have the Elemnt, they are very positive about it.

I am seriously considering it when I upgrade my Edge 500.

The reviews from users are very positive

http://eu.wahoofitness.com/devices/gps-bike-computer-elemnt.html#

They update the firmware frequently and have interesting updates in the pipeline also.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/06/turn-by-turn-navigation-rolls-out-to-wahoo-elemnt.html

Since Polar nailed us with older computers I'm in the upgrade zone.

Quick comparisons. Prices are just what I found or heard of and not necessary the lowest.

Polar M450 GPS R2595 (R3595) +R1800 for sensors.

Garmin Edge GPS 520 R7400. Sensors incl. Ant +

Sigma Rox 10.0 GPS R3250. Sensors incl. Ant +

Bryton???

I'm keen on the Sigma. The Small size would suit me for the MTB.

I fit it on the stem for protection. The large Garmin might not fit there.

Any other advice?

My first sigma computer was so impressive, ive become a fanboi of theirs. I would definitely suggest their gps computer too

The size I was looking at falls into the old Edge 500 bracket.

The DQ'd the 520, Sima and the Wahoo as well.

I do not have anything against these models except the size for my MTB was too big.

My current model is a Polar CS600x. Tiny, very tiny.

The size I was looking at falls into the old Edge 500 bracket.

The DQ'd the 520, Sima and the Wahoo as well.

I do not have anything against these models except the size for my MTB was too big.

My current model is a Polar CS600x. Tiny, very tiny.

So form first, then function.

mmmmm.....

Can't say I agree.

Love my 1000!!!

Combined sensor wont work.

Will use this one on my road bike.

Will get Sigma sensors for cadence and speed (and GPS speed).

post-16912-0-30026400-1468320029_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what the big difference is between the 520 and 810?

Thanks

I got a Garmin thinking of getting the Bryton due to the battery life, a lot of my rides are longer than 16 hours and the Garmin dies at around 15.

I got a Garmin thinking of getting the Bryton due to the battery life, a lot of my rides are longer than 16 hours and the Garmin dies at around 15.

:eek:

And here I thought you riding 24hrs at Oak Valley was hectic - I didn't know that it was only slightly longer than normal!

The new Lezyne Year 10 Super GPS has a battery lifespan of 24 hours, although nobody has tested one yet (very new).

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/gear/gear-news/introducing-the-year-10-lezyne-gps-collection-r5451

I'm keen on one of these myself when they become available soon.

The new Brytons claim a very long battery life, but who knows how they actually perform. I understand you can turn of bluetooth, and I think there are some other settings that could also help it last longer, if needed.

The new Brytons claim a very long battery life, but who knows how they actually perform. I understand you can turn of bluetooth, and I think there are some other settings that could also help it last longer, if needed.

They are a good little bit of kit. Got the 530 from the UK for R2K all in and I think CWC is sealing them for about the R2,600 but that might even change today with the payday sale they are having. the 330 is R1,900 I think as well but that is pretty basic. Depends if you want turn by turn or track following. 

Archived