[Event] Mahala Magic MTB Race - SA's First FREE Mountain Bike Race

Eveza

Event Name: Mahala Magic MTB Race - SA's First FREE Mountain Bike Race
When: 8 October 2016
Where: Cowhouse Market, Hazeldean, Gauteng
Category: MTB

It is official... the very first free MTB race in South Africa will take place in Gauteng on the 8th of October.

1500 riders will have the opportunity to join this event with all the bells and whistles of a proper mountain biking event BUT without paying a cent entry fee!

Full information on the Mahala Magic MTB Race coming soon but dot the date down on your cycling calendar.

We thank all the industry players, companies and individuals who has come on board thus far with sponsorships, services, etc. to make all this possible.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

So who else will be doing this event?

Me. 10 minutes from my home and a FREE MTB Race, what's not to love. Registration was supposed to be today and tomorrow but they had issues with the number boards, so registration will only be friday and the day of the race. 

Kudos to them for sending sms's to warn the entrants about the issues with the boards beforehand. Some organisers of events can learn from this. We don't mind when issues pop up, just keep us informed. Well done :thumbup:

Edit: Words (Only having my second cup of coffee now, things will run smoother as the day progress)

Edited by Rookie85

Also in for this one, doing the 20 with my dad - he is starting to cycle again after a few months off the bike

In. doing the 40 km 'challenge' ... which Mr Cat-i seems to think is an oxymoron ...  but I had to start somewhere after a long break from the bike

My friend and I are also going. Great about the notification about the issue with the boards. 

Been in the queue for number collection for an hour now, seems to take about 5 minutes to help a customer in this past hour.

Some feedback on why this is taking so long would be nice.

Been in the queue for number collection for an hour now, seems to take about 5 minutes to help a customer in this past hour.

Eish.......can imagine the chaos tomorrow morning when people rushing to register before start batch.................

Eish.......can imagine the chaos tomorrow morning when people rushing to register before start batch.................

Any updates from the queue?