RIP :(  Sounds like a good guy.

I really hope the guy who turned himself in didnt go home to sober up.

If he did, he deserves to burn

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP :(  Sounds like a good guy.

I really hope the guy who turned himself in didnt go home to sober up.

If he did, he deserves to burn

It happens with all these hit and runs, the punishment for fleeing the scene is so  much less than if you are found with booze in your blood. The kid from Hout Bay did the same.

They just plea they were scared of their lives from all the cyclists in Lycra. :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

RIP - so sad to hear...

Strongs to all who knew him.

And to think I was considering starting morning road rides again  :blush:

Randall will be sorely missed, he leaves a void that will be difficult to fill. I remember when he got his first road-bike, a red Merida (which weighed a ton) and how he got dropped regularly on our weekend rides. But he persevered and came back stronger everytime, to the point where he was the one dropping us. When he pitched up for club rides we knew there was going to be lots of suffering; with him being the one dishing it. He was a gentleman, focused, strong and a tough competitor; the peleton could do with many more of his type. It was an honour to have been his friend. May he Rest in Peace.

Such beautiful words

????????????

Such beautiful words

I agree.

So sad to read news like this. Rest in peace fellow cyclist. Condolences to the family and friends.

Just so very sad. Deepest, deepest sympathies. Tragic thinking of a wife and kids trying to deal with that and now make a life with massive hole that can never be filled. 

I can't actually compute the act of riding a bike with being being such a life threatening thing in this country.

We had a very near miss yesterday on the way up to Llandudno @ 6:30 yesterday another obviously drunk person coming home. Jesus, if you're driving home in the morning after being out all night then how can you start to think that's not the most d*ckhead move ever. Makes me so furious. I am now starting to consider if it's even worth it. I have 2 beautiful kids, a wife and a life i love. Am I really that reckless to put that at risk just for a sport. A sport I have loved since a kid, but still just a sport. 

R.I.P. :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

And the drivers lawyer will do anything to get him off, saying that his client did the right thing by giving himself over..........................He should get the maximum for every charge laid against him. 5 charges just for leaving the scene.

Just so very sad. Deepest, deepest sympathies. Tragic thinking of a wife and kids trying to deal with that and now make a life with massive hole that can never be filled. 

I can't actually compute the act of riding a bike with being being such a life threatening thing in this country.

We had a very near miss yesterday on the way up to Llandudno @ 6:30 yesterday another obviously drunk person coming home. Jesus, if you're driving home in the morning after being out all night then how can you start to think that's not the most d*ckhead move ever. Makes me so furious. I am now starting to consider if it's even worth it. I have 2 beautiful kids, a wife and a life i love. Am I really that reckless to put that at risk just for a sport. A sport I have loved since a kid, but still just a sport. 

I think this is why these incidents hit home so hard as everyone can relate. :(

I did not know the guy. But it is a sad day whenever someone becomes a victim. 

RIP fellow cyclist. 

This is exactly why, after years of loving my road bike, it now sits in the spare room and my MTB goes out almost daily....

RIP Randall....

Just a quick 1... I read a comment on 1 FB page from the officer himself who was 1st on the scene of the incident where he states that he had to be the one to inform the family, after doing so and filling in all the paperwork he and his partner were the ones who actually went and located the driver and arrested him and then afterwards went and informed the family that the culprit had been caught. Nowhere in his post does he state that the murderer actually came and handed himself over to the police. It will be very interesting to get the truth as to whether he was tracked down and arrested or whether he actually handed himself in. Either way I am glad that he is in in custody, But again, I don't like the "cover up" of he "handed himself in"... Maybe that's just me...

Archived