Drunk drivers . . . . .

Bonus

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year we went to the Portuguese festival at Lusitoland, my girlfriend was the designated driver so she had a glass of wine while I had 4 beers. On leaving they had one of those breatherlizer machines, hers was borderline while mine was less. 

Last year we went to the Portuguese festival at Lusitoland, my girlfriend was the designated driver so she had a glass of wine while I had 4 beers. On leaving they had one of those breatherlizer machines, hers was borderline while mine was less. 

Girlfriends are good - but are you sure Lusitoland is going to cut it as a social engagement?

I have my serious doubts about the accuracy of the equipment being used at road blocks, a friend of ours was over for dinner on Friday night. She had ONE yes 1 glass of wine in the time she was there (4pm - 8:30pm) because she is on blood medication. 

She was stopped in a road block on her way home and arrested at 8:45pm after blowing 0.63 (Legal limit is 0.24).

We eventually managed to bail her out at 11am on Saturday morning. 

If she was tested with a breathalyzer, what was the time duration between the last sip of wine and the test.  That could be a factor.  My dad used to work on those things and if you have just taken a sip the reading would be high.  Must wait 30 mins for a more accurate reading.  Blood tests is more accurate.

I hope you got your money back from the vendor that sold you 4 watered down beers!

If she was tested with a breathalyzer, what was the time duration between the last sip of wine and the test.  That could be a factor.  My dad used to work on those things and if you have just taken a sip the reading would be high.  Must wait 30 mins for a more accurate reading.  Blood tests is more accurate.

I think it may be hard to convince the fuzz at 2 am to wait 30 min to test again  :clap:  :clap:

1 drink to someone who weighs 50kg = 2 drinks to someone who weighs 100kg, 

(excluding Personal tolerance levels)

I think it is the other way around ... 1 drink to someone who weighs 100kg = 2 drinks to someone who weighs 50kg,

I think it may be hard to convince the fuzz at 2 am to wait 30 min to test again  :clap:  :clap:

I am not sure with the current devices used, but if it is the same then the whole case will fall flat in court.  (You still need to get out on bail for the weekend though)

Yeah thats all well and good. She tried to explain that to the cops and was absolutely ignored. They did take blood but that goes to the lab for testing.

My point is that she was arrested and spent the night in jail on the back of the breathalyzer results. Blood test is not going to save you from spending the night in jail if you blow a false positive.

I think it is the other way around ... 1 drink to someone who weighs 100kg = 2 drinks to someone who weighs 50kg,

I disagree... 

1u/100kg = 0.01u/kg

2u/50kg = 0.04u/kg ( 4 times as much) 

2u/100kg = 0.02u/kg

1u/50kh = 0.02u/kg 

drinking and driving,,, MATHS FOR IDIOTS very simple, a full zamaleg and you are over,,,,,no need breaking this down, to the "qualified" officer pulling you over in SA if you drink and drive that macheeene is going to tell you to go with,,,or pay the bribe(its not higher grade what most SA drivers do)

honestly if you get pulled over and you have been drinking more than one beer you are legally over the limit,,,,never mind by having the one beer you are putting yourself at the mercy of our corrupt police force

Cape Town Central SAPS not a place I would like to visit on a Fri night after having a few beers.Saw a guy standing outside CT Central one Sat am after all his clothes and shoes had been removed by his cell mates.Difficult to fight off 20 other sex starved inmates as well.Be carful out there

drinking and driving is like voting for the national party in the old SA
apparently no one actually does it and never has .. but ..... :ph34r:

point is if you going to drive just don't drink there are no acceptable limits

Archived