Olympic men's road race

StevieL

41km remaining from 237.5km

The Netherland's final hope Steven Kruijswijk has blown and is quickly going backwards. That is a disaster for a team that were expected to have many options in this finale.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

41km remaining from 237.5km

The Netherland's final hope Steven Kruijswijk has blown and is quickly going backwards. That is a disaster for a team that were expected to have many options in this finale.

Oh man..

The gap is holding firm for now. 30 seconds between the leaders and the chasing peloton.

Cancellara has been distanced, as has Roche. Clarke up the front setting the pace for Australia.

Fans trying to help the riders by squirting water on them but one almost takes out Van Avermaet and Thomas.

Cancellara has been distanced, as has Roche. Clarke up the front setting the pace for Australia.

Aaaw.

Was kinda hoping for a fabulous miracle

Fans trying to help the riders by squirting water on them but one almost takes out Van Avermaet and Thomas.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

For the USA team, it appears Brent Bookwalter is still in the main group but he's right near the back.

10 seconds is now the gap on this descent. Sergio Henao is guiding the leaders down.

Crash for one of the Portuguese riders. Looks like it is Oliveira.

He seems okay but out of the race ????

Portugese rider goes down hard on the very technical descent. And down goes Porte as well.

Oopsie I mean.

Porte crashes!!

Holding onto his shoulder.

He looks eina and up and alert though Phew!

⚠️⚠️⚠️

The leaders are back on the descent and it's only going to get harder as they get increasingly tired. A descent like this requires a lot of attention, which is not easy this far into a race like this.

Archived