Fair insurance (replacement) value of my bike

partydave

Hi guys,

My insurance is demanding an updated value on my bike and getting quotes for all the upgraded parts from an LBS is proving difficult. Can someone please help with a total replacement value of my bike?

2014 Scott Scale 940 29" HT

Stans ZTR Crest  wheels with Shimano hubs

New Spez Ground Control tyres

XT 1x Crank and ring

SRAM X9 RD + shifter + cassette + chain

Suntour XCM Fork

Rapide 720mm alu bar

Spez 90mm Stem

Spez Chicane seat

Spez lockon grips

Ryder Clipless pedals

Avid Elixir 7 brakeset

The unmentioned bits, few as they are, remain stock Scale 940.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Insurance will want to see a quote from a proper LBS. Well that was what mine requested. Eventually got a bike shop to give me a detailed broken down by part quote.

Hi guys,

My insurance is demanding an updated value on my bike and getting quotes for all the upgraded parts from an LBS is proving difficult.

May I ask which insurance company. Mine (Hollard) did not ask for anything.

Also Hollard, but I did tell them that my bike has been upgraded since I last insured it

go to a scott dealer and ask them for an insurance replacement quote. Only way to do it. 

Guest notmyname

Just go to a LBS with the bike and ask. Insurers don't care that you struggled to get an estimate replacement value.

A good idea would be is to try and find out what the procedure would be for the replacement of the bike with your insurance company. It is all fine and well when you jump through all the hoops and loops to get a qoute, but on the day that they need to replace your bike they will get their own value from a source and not nescesarily use yours and that is when you might be under insured.  I would follow up with the insurance who their default service provider would be and go get a qoute there if possible.  If they state (in writing) that they are not specifice the go to a dealer of your choice.

Go to your LBS. Have them email you a list of the parts with the relevant prices. Make sure that the LBS uses their letter head. When the time comes to claim if at all. You can get your LBS to motivate the claim.

Just note that you should then give that business to your LBS.

Archived