UCI Road World Champs 2016 (12-16 October)

Frosty

Yeah, I hope he can win another monument, he came so close to winning PR this year.. will be giving him a extra cheer next year.

PR is his race. He always gives everything he has in that one but ja another RVV or Ghent would be nice as well.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Tom and Sagz hit that track in Roubaix together and they are going for the win, Who you going to cheer for?

Tough one because I am a Sagz supporter but dig Boonen as well. Sagz has plenty years to go but it will be the last for Tom.

With the new Argon team I feel we in for one hell of an exciting classics season.

I'll go with Tommeke as Sagz time will come.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

And tonight is the UCI Gala Event..

Last year it was a t-shirt and leather jacket..

This year., those legs must be tired after the year he has had.. definitely needs that cane

note also how his wife is respecting the customs in Abu Dhabi and has really covered herself up

10e13109825ac91080a9df1a4b1bdb38.jpg

And tonight is the UCI Gala Event..

Last year it was a t-shirt and leather jacket..

This year., those legs must be tired after the year he has had.. definitely needs that cane

note also how his wife is respecting the customs in Abu Dhabi and has really covered herself up

10e13109825ac91080a9df1a4b1bdb38.jpg

Oy vey... He is starting to look like the lead singer of Nickleback. Peter, Peter, Peter... This is I remind you to trim that hair.

When Sagan said he was the last one to join the first echelon he wasn't making it up

af9eff612c0e2c05ae2a967650ce51a2.jpg46a8da3116c5ab60b53bc9a010d6d45f.jpga2dde50d0ed01544d437afc2b23a225f.jpg

“This was his last World Championships, his last chance," said Lefevere, who has managed the Belgian at the QuickStep squad for almost the entirety of his career.

“He put everything into this race, had really counted on it. And then it didn’t happen,” he told nieuwsblad.be.

“In thirteen, fourteen years, I’ve never seen Tom so disappointed.”

Lefevere admitted that it was “perhaps” too much for Boonen, going up against Peter Sagan and Mark Cavendish in the sprint finish on Doha's Pearl island.

“Tom was also a bit early in second position. But given the circumstances, it was very difficult to make more out it,” he said, adding that Sagan, who made it back-to-back world titles, is "the best rider in the world".

I must say the Belgiums made the race..

What a pleasure watching Boonen boss the race out in the desert, incredible captain out on the road..

I don't see why he wants to retire after PR next year.. he is 36 and challenging for wins, Sagan is 10 years younger than him, how many other 36 year olds can say that... No Boonen can stay on the peloton forever.

Exactly. Like Valverde which has just signed a new 3-year contract, at 36!

Exactly. Like Valverde which has just signed a new 3-year contract, at 36!

Hey speaking of

PURITO is back and has signed for the Bahrain team.

Hey speaking of

does he need to return his Canyon then?

does he need to return his Canyon then?

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Hey speaking of

Always liked him, but seems to underperform a little (if you can call it that).

And only now learned that his nickname means little cigar [emoji1]

Nickname‎: ‎El Purito‎

Height‎: ‎1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)‎

Weight‎: ‎57 kg (126 lb; 9.0 st)‎

Always liked him, but seems to underperform a little (if you can call it that).

And only now learned that his nickname means little cigar [emoji1]

Nickname‎: ‎El Purito‎

Height‎: ‎1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)‎

Weight‎: ‎57 kg (126 lb; 9.0 st)‎

Very attack minded rider, also a very smart rider..picks his battles well.

When Sagan said he was the last one to join the first echelon he wasn't making it up

af9eff612c0e2c05ae2a967650ce51a2.jpg46a8da3116c5ab60b53bc9a010d6d45f.jpga2dde50d0ed01544d437afc2b23a225f.jpg

He must have burnt a few matches there. But hey, Look at how well he rode at TDF in the wind with Froome when they broke away. Sagz made that move and Froome was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time. 

Archived