UCI Road World Champs 2016 (12-16 October)

Frosty

Griepel's post world's write up. I LIKE Greipel and I am truly gutted that he didn't have the chance to at least be there in the finale but that's racing hey.. it's not just the final that matters, you need to get to the final sprint.

http://andregreipel.de/en/2016/10/18/our-chance-gone-with-the-wind/

Did you see Kristoff's report? Chalk and cheese compared to Griepel's. Just shows who has respect for his peers after turning themselves inside out for their leader and who just couldn't be bothered to say Thanks guys.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see Kristoff's report? Chalk and cheese compared to Griepel's. Just shows who has respect for his peers after turning themselves inside out for their leader and who just couldn't be bothered to say Thanks guys.

Link please

There was a big problem at team Norway.. Eddie B ended up sprinting for himself... (or so it seemed to Kristoff, I didn't really pay attention to that part of the sprint [emoji6] ) also Kristoff made the comments not long after the race..Probably still very frustrated at that point.

BUT that young Norwegian that did so much work.. wow.. incredible.

GreipelGorilla - classy

Kristoff Viking - send him a dummy

Sagz Baby - repeat world champ  :devil:

Hillarious comment spotted on another cycling forum, a few days before WC

????????????

"if bouhanni wins the worlds i will never again watch cycling..."

Hillarious comment spotted on another cycling forum, a few days before WC

????????????

"if bouhanni wins the worlds i will never again watch cycling..."

He he.. I think a lot of us felt that way.. anyone but Booohani

It was a real race, a real world championships. If it was just the circuits, it would not have split. The wind changed the race.”

– Mark Cavendish

“We saw the echelons forming, but we were caught in the wind. Only the strongest riders could close the gap. I saw Sagan ride 30 to 40 meters alone to get across. He was the last one to join the echelon."

Demare, on Sagan's 1st win of the day

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely read on the Sagz Baby:

So what’s changed for Sagan? In a word, he’s matured. He races smarter. He’s no longer trying to win on sheer force alone. He’s learned to be more patient. He’s learned to let others make the first move. He’s learned to risk losing, and he’s learned to win. With more wins comes more confidence.

Sagan’s combination of skill, natural ability, and confidence is rare. There is no start list that intimidates the Slovakian, and there are few courses where he doubts in his abilities. He’s won 89 races as a professional at the age of 26. He’s earned that confidence.

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/10/analysis-after-a-superlative-2016-season-evaluating-peter-sagans-place-among-cyclings-greats/

So what’s changed for Sagan? In a word, he’s matured. He races smarter. He’s no longer trying to win on sheer force alone. He’s learned to be more patient. He’s learned to let others make the first move. He’s learned to risk losing, and he’s learned to win. With more wins comes more confidence.

Sagan’s combination of skill, natural ability, and confidence is rare. There is no start list that intimidates the Slovakian, and there are few courses where he doubts in his abilities. He’s won 89 races as a professional at the age of 26. He’s earned that confidence.

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/10/analysis-after-a-superlative-2016-season-evaluating-peter-sagans-place-among-cyclings-greats/

That is a very good read, thx

I don't think I can ever get tired of him winning. Sagan is just such an amazing racer and rider.

Absolute class 100%!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

@Dale

So... Sagan hosted a charity ride in the US the weekend, funds raised to help get boys and girls on bikes

Some pics.

6b8ab1b9664f1574d89a94ef959b9aca.jpgdac956577d631b182e60951f4aac702c.jpg3f9cd88976885e83449a3d830a316bad.jpgb74199278e9f81521ece29fe4643e3af.jpg1bf4039e11ef46d3d13112c7108d65a2.jpg1d884b75f6171082ba604dccf802bc51.jpg3f05e9999845a6bdfa859bd4a51536db.jpg55fa882ad2f3d57e01578dbd742bc4c6.jpg53b14f18bc607f703684210820e4f626.jpg

Archived