KingTJ

My big problem is that I move around on my saddle a lot when I climb for weight distribution.SO I am worrie about that short nose.

Only way to know for sure is to give one a go. If you were of the enlightened WC types I would lent you mine to try. Isn't there a BG Fit close to you? They usually have a test saddle or two you could try before parting with your cash. 

Only way to know for sure is to give one a go. If you were of the enlightened WC types I would lent you mine to try. Isn't there a BG Fit close to you? They usually have a test saddle or two you could try before parting with your cash.

Yea I can go and see Dwayne around the corner from me At Concept cyclery.

But again, make sure of the best saddle width for you ass first.

I have checked mine before and my sit bone measurement says I should be on a 143mm saddle.

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies...just want to narrow down the options before getting the cheeks measured. So thr9w as many options as possible, ill do the reviews afterwards

I have 1 of these in perfect condition that I`ll give to you for R300 and you pay postage, very solid and comfy saddle, 145mm width:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/sdg-formula-mtr-ti-saddle/rp-prod51942

http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/3/0/sdg-formula-mtr-mountain-road-bike-saddle-150x285mm-titanium-rails-9b9bfd955d499e5994b43f0860705237.jpg\

I also have 1 of these that I`ll sell for R400:

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb2936097/p4pb2936097.jpg

Edited by I act like a pro racer

My advice on the topic, I use to ride with one of those WTB Silverado's. Used it for about a year and a half and was great.

Got a second bike and was looking for a different saddle, just to experiment.

Tried out a few different options and the one I enjoyed most, most comfortable, even better than the WTB was a Sella Italia. Tried the Max Gel Flow and it was great, but a little pricey for me, settled for the cheaper version, the FLX Gel Flow, they go for around R600.

This is the Maxccfcfe8d2c0bb75866f4883d671543ca.jpgThis is the FLX6ab82e4cae4678df414a5b50592bbd5f.jpg

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

For the record, I hate the Gobi, it starts hurting my tender bits within th the first few km's.

Did a 50km ride with one and it took a week to recover.

Like others have said, what works for me might not work for you.

We call it a Free State Gobi

Think that'll hurt me even more than the normal Gobi! [emoji523] [emoji33]

Edited by BenReaper

I've just ordered this beauty from Tredz @ £17. Can't wait to get, recommendations and reviews have been rave. Wiggle have them in Black for £15. Shipping is pretty low, no duties and because it will drop below the R500 limit the VAT might not apply (don't quote me though!)

http://www.tredz.co.uk/prodimg/65215_3_SuperSize.jpg

now why the 'uck did you need to post this?  :(  'uck!! And then you went and posted the fricken website also! And 'ucking price! I don't need to see things like this, I don't have the willpower to stop the craving. 'Uck you Shaper, you bloody bastard! 

Thank you, I owe you one :thumbup:

Update: And they don't ship automatically to RS of A. Maybe a good thing, give me change to find my equilibrium again and stop the madness. 

Update: OK, help me here. How do you get it here?

Update: and the craving is gone. Sincere apologies for all the 'ucks.

Edited by No Hare

If it's options you want

1. The Charge (great saddle and great value for money)

2. Selle Italia Flight

3. Selle Italia SLR XC superflow

4. SDG Bel Air

5. Fabric offers a couple of cool ones and represent good value for money

All of those are favourites-passed.

Update: OK, help me here. How do you get it here?

Update: and the craving is gone. Sincere apologies for all the 'ucks.

Wiggle or Evans Cycles.