Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

Seems like SBR is going to be busy this weekend with hubbers, i will be there too... love this place and only a short 30min warm up ride from my house. Spent a lot of time there this year before Jock.

Will be nice to know who to look out for - perhaps a description of your bike so we know who to give a wave to?

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, a good time around SBR is a nice fitness reference, but the real gem is the beautiful setting and no traffic...if it wasn't for SBR, I would have stuck to MTB and never experienced the joy of a road bike...

I agree, a good time around SBR is a nice fitness reference, but the real gem is the beautiful setting and no traffic...if it wasn't for SBR, I would have stuck to MTB and never experienced the joy of a road bike...

Am with you there. If I am going to ride road alone which I do often. I go to sbr coz of the safety factor. And I'm not very good at getting up early to miss the traffic ( understatement of the year ) .

Oh and purchased a 29 cassette for and because of sbr...maybe need to try it out this wkd

For those like me who don't do Strava...I made a SBR 56km segment on Garmin connect. Measured from entrance boom of the first climb to T-junction of the main entrance road. A good automatic measure of my ride to compare my times. welcome to use it...see screen capture below to look for the segment.

SBR 56km loop

Your Best Time: 2:05:29 on 20 Aug 2016
Crossed By: 894 People | Activities: 1794 | Edited: 7 Sep 2015

Screen capture didn't come out.....
Edited by Grey Hubs

I rode there last week for the second time and did the loop, what an amazing place! ill be spending alot of time there! R40 is nothing for what you get in return in terms of setting, and riding.

Will be riding there from Kempton on saturday, one loop........ and then getting the wife to pick me up ^_^

Seems like SBR is going to be busy this weekend with hubbers, i will be there too... love this place and only a short 30min warm up ride from my house. Spent a lot of time there this year before Jock.

Will be nice to know who to look out for - perhaps a description of your bike so we know who to give a wave to?

I am still contemplating it, Maroon Ford Ranger

Alberton to the reserve and back is anywhere between 125Km and 140Km depending on the route taken. I personally dislike the route that goes in the front gate (northern side) even though it is the shortest route.

KOM at SBR? Must be clean!

So you are insinuating that I am not clean?

Nice. 

These days I can't even say "but I have been tested before and came out clean"......'cause that is what Lance used to say, right......

So no more defence mechanism.....you just have to take it on the chin and write it off as a stupid comment from someone not dedicated enough to train at 3am in the morning and thinks fitness comes out of a bottle.

As you were.

(Gesê met 'n bietjie tong in die kies)

Black and Yellow Scott... ^_^