Terrible Bike service

Irshaadmayet

Everything below is an email I sent to the owner of a bike shop and should explain the situation. I am Really upset something like this happened and not something you'd expect from a well known bike Shop. Waiting for a response or resolution and Then will update and take it further

I trust you're well. I apologise for disturbing you during your vacation but I have some troubling news concerning the atrocious service I received at your shop during your absence.

As you know, I've been coming to your outlet for years now. In fact, its been just over three years and having to travel all the way from the South of Johannesburg should be an indication as to the level of faith I have in your service. I always appreciate your personal touch as well as your commitment to making a plan for me.

Today, however, I have lost all faith in that service . The first time I requested the FD to be sorted out, a chain catcher was fitted. After the discussion to sort out the FD was concluded, I came back to fetch the bike and went through to the front and the sales assistant charged me R150. I paid the requested amount and that was that or so I thought.

I again came through to have my cables changed sometime later, only to be directly told that I WILL be charged for a part that was previously fitted. It is to be noted that the manner in which I was approached about the issue was completely unprofessional and left much to be desired. I could've walked out immediately, however i still left the bike there

Firsly, let me say that I've never had a problem with paying the required amount, and if approached in the right manner, I would've even offered to pay the amount. However, telling me rather arrogantly I might add, that I HAVE to pay for a previously fitted part is just not on. Especially since I was not informed of the cost at the time that payment was agreed upon. I was then told that I wont be charged for it because I am "Bitching and Moaning". I feel that this was so unacceptable and rude but I let it slide.

Today I came to collect my bicycle at the shop, only to find the catcher removed. I inquired and was told that if I want it put on again, I have to pay for it. I had the displeasure of dealing with """"" who was so arrogant and aggressive. He proceeded to provoke me asking if "I want to be a cheap skate and not pay for the part''. I gave him a piece of my mind and responded in the same manner but still could not reach a resolution.

Let me just reitterate that making a payment is not an issue for me. It is the principle behind the issue and the approach in which the staff had taken in resolving the problem. The incompetance I had to endure today was disgusting. The fact remains that it is not my mistake as I was not correctly charged for my bike service. The audacity to remove the catcher after everything is shocking and the complete lack of courtesy afforded to me is even more appalling.

I would just like to thank you personally for the years of service, but after what has transpired today with your staff, I am no longer comfortale with supporting your business.

Kind regards

Irshaad Mayet

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats absolute BULL!!!!!!!!!! 

Talk to the owner , that employee must be terminated Asap   :(

Was just as pissed no lie

We have our bad days. We have our ego trip days. We have our stressed to S#1T days.

It could have been all of those in one day, for him. Hopefully confidence can be regained in your favourite store, as its not the entire store that left a sour taste, it was just one guy.

cheers

Today I came to collect my bicycle at the shop, only to find the catcher removed. I inquired and was told that if I want it put on again, I have to pay for it. I had the displeasure of dealing with """"" who was so arrogant and aggressive. He proceeded to provoke me asking if "I want to be a cheap skate and not pay for the part''. I gave him a piece of my mind and responded in the same manner but still could not reach a resolution.

Yoh. i would be rather irked if this was done to me. How much are we talking here? What is price of the part?

Edited by Ferro

Yoh. i would be rather irked if this was done to me. How much are we talking here? What is price of the part?

The Cost price of the Catcher Is Apparently R350. To put It into perspective without sounding arrogant . My bike is cervelo S5 frame with SRAM red gearing and Deep sets . R350 is not something emptying my bank , but its the principal behind it and customer service .

Money may not be an issue for me , but I still work damn Hard for it and would like to see it go to People who appreciate my business

Money may not be an issue for me , but I still work damn Hard for it and would like to see it go to People who appreciate my business

You say "money is no issue" a few too many times - feels a bit awkward bro. This sounds like another crybaby story.  If, as you say, you know the owner, why bother with this public whinge about some meatball bikeshop lackey - sort it out with the owner directly. Take charge of your destiny!!

This is a strange one. You say you have had years of great service and then one day terrible service.

Its a bit odd to go from amazing to super bad in a day or so and maybe just a communication issue. Is this a new person that assisted you?

Could this not have been addressed with the manager/owner at the time?

You say "money is no issue" a few too many times - feels a bit awkward bro. This sounds like another crybaby story. If, as you say, you know the owner, why bother with this public whinge about some meatball bikeshop lackey - sort it out with the owner directly. Take charge of your destiny!!

Take charge of your destiny...LOL

You say "money is no issue" a few too many times - feels a bit awkward bro. This sounds like another crybaby story.  If, as you say, you know the owner, why bother with this public whinge about some meatball bikeshop lackey - sort it out with the owner directly. Take charge of your destiny!!

This is a strange one. You say you have had years of great service and then one day terrible service.

Its a bit odd to go from amazing to super bad in a day or so and maybe just a communication issue. Is this a new person that assisted you?

Could this not have been addressed with the manager/owner at the time?

Saying It to reinforce that really isn't my issue And just really frustrated as well

Did ask to speak to the Owner of the store , but was told his not there and is overseas