Superstar hub axle snapped

Xanderstander

Howzit everyone.

So the rear axle on my 2012 stumpy snapped (joy).

I have a superstar hub on there, but we are struggling to get a hold of the guys from superstar. 

Has anyone managed to get a new axle from them/ does anyone know if I can use an axle from another company?

Apparently they are just rebranded novatecs? 

Never heard of that brand...

you need to get out more

Howzit everyone.

So the rear axle on my 2012 stumpy snapped (joy).

I have a superstar hub on there, but we are struggling to get a hold of the guys from superstar. 

Has anyone managed to get a new axle from them/ does anyone know if I can use an axle from another company?

Apparently they are just rebranded novatecs? 

Just sent you an whatsapp .... will forward you the details of the person who assisted me before with SS goodies.

Never heard of that brand...

It's a pretty big UK outfit. Good quality stuff, but as of about a year ago they decided to up their shipping costs and it now costs a minimum of GBP 80 to send anything here. 

you need to get out more

I guess I do.... :ph34r:

So I have been educated...had a look at their site, pretty impressive stuff!

i snapped mine too, superstar hubs are rebranded Novatecs, if you need a new axle order from them, and someone bring into from the UK.

many a threads/forums on the models of superstar/novatec

i snapped mine too, superstar hubs are rebranded Novatecs, if you need a new axle order from them, and someone bring into from the UK.

Awesome. Thanks man. 

i see you in Bellville, speak to Naas(Evobikes) take him the wheel, maybe he can supply you with a novatec replacement

Howzit man. I'm struggling to find any info on the models that are the same for superstar/novatec. 

Where are these threads/forums?

Struggling to get the novatec axle that looks like my through axle. 

Mine has two ridges that I'm assuming keeps the hub in it's place or something, whereas the novatec ones that I have seen are just smooth without ridges

Its exactly the same as a novatec hub. My brother broke his SS freehub and replaced it with a novatec. As in identical.

OK GrantED my LBS had the same one in stock so I can't tell you the model.

Its exactly the same as a novatec hub. My brother broke his SS freehub and replaced it with a novatec. As in identical.

OK GrantED my LBS had the same one in stock so I can't tell you the model.

only problem is that this particular one is the Trizoid model. 

Saw Hairy on the trails this weekend and he mentioned that he'd given Xander the contact details of the guy in charge at Superstar. That's the best course of action IMO

only problem is that this particular one is the Trizoid model. 

Saw Hairy on the trails this weekend and he mentioned that he'd given Xander the contact details of the guy in charge at Superstar. That's the best course of action IMO

Yip

Problem is that there are different axles for different Hubs... So although they are rebranded Novatec  it might be a 712 axle or a 542 axle.

Best would be to send us the hub and let Louis have a look at it. Axles are about R295 - R395 each.

Archived