WIN: 3 x Wines2Whales entries with Food Lover’s Market

Matt

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's my theory on the leader, we day 18 into comp he has done 33 rides @ 2888kms, I worked out he had to be doing 87kms twice a day which comes to 174kms a day,

3. How will you monitor strava, isn't it quite easy to cheat?In addition to the measures above and Strava's built in flagging features, we'll also verify the activities of the various category winners before finalising the results.

Bikehub will scrutinise all the winners rides and will come to a fair decision.

It's easy to sling mud and be a sore loser. So in the final days I'm going to keep riding as hard as I can regardless and let the judges do the adjudicating.

I've been amazed at the support from fellow cyclists friends and strangers alike, its been an honour to ride with you all.

Ham!

It's called Love The Bike, why go and ruin it by cheating! Can someone please remove this Fanie doosh from the competition.

Who does a 7h road ride and rides at a constant 24kph up and down and taking uphill KOM all along the way!

I call foul play!

It is all rather suspicious. Perhaps Fanie could explain a few things.

This is a normal ride done by Fanie - has a heart rate, took him 10 hours (7 hours riding time), and an average climbing pace of 13km/h.

post-275-0-68901700-1474275566_thumb.jpg

This is the exercise that CranksofGlory referred to - no heart rate, 100% moving ration (not one stop in 7 hours for a traffic light, a snack, a wee etc), an average climbing pace of 21.9 km/h.

post-275-0-23330800-1474275566_thumb.jpg

Digging a bit deeper into the data  - here is a breakdown of his speeds over different terrains. I can't keep my speed that consistent on a trainer, at constant difficulty, let alone out on the road with ups and downs, wind, rain, traffic etc.

post-275-0-22821700-1474275567_thumb.jpg

Here are the actual times spent at each speed - between 20km/h and 24km/h. Seriously impressive talent!

post-275-0-02293600-1474275568_thumb.jpg

Lastly - something weird happened at around 128kms. The speed line before is rather smooth, yet afterwards is rather "fuzzy" - unlike the entire 128kms before. The power also starts to jump around a lot.

post-275-0-23131500-1474276016_thumb.jpg

Lastly - he's using a Garmin 1000. They're usually rock solid. I've never had a ride look like this.

Come on Fanie - open up your account so that we can see what's going on.

It is all rather suspicious. Perhaps Fanie could explain a few things.

This is a normal ride done by Fanie - has a heart rate, took him 10 hours (7 hours riding time), and an average climbing pace of 13km/h.

attachicon.gifSelection_999(100).jpg

This is the exercise that CranksofGlory referred to - no heart rate, 100% moving ration (not one stop in 7 hours for a traffic light, a snack, a wee etc), an average climbing pace of 21.9 km/h.

attachicon.gifSelection_999(102).jpg

Digging a bit deeper into the data  - here is a breakdown of his speeds over different terrains. I can't keep my speed that consistent on a trainer, at constant difficulty, let alone out on the road with ups and downs, wind, rain, traffic etc.

attachicon.gifSelection_999(099).jpg

Here are the actual times spent at each speed - between 20km/h and 24km/h. Seriously impressive talent!

Lastly - something weird happened at around 128kms. The speed line before is rather smooth, yet afterwards is rather "fuzzy" - unlike the entire 128kms before. The power also starts to jump around a lot.

attachicon.gifSelection_999(103).jpg

Lastly - he's using a Garmin 1000. They're usually rock solid. I've never had a ride look like this.

Come on Fanie - open up your account so that we can see what's going on.

Haha, a bit more diplomatic and thorough than my post.

But unless Fanie is riding a fixie and has the pacing capacity of a hour record holder, for no less than 7 hours, this seems very strange!

So this Strava stalker did a bit of digging - Interesting & curious case this Fanie oke

Found more of his rides this past month - most of them actually looks legit so I am a bit hesitant to use the c word here... Also he does seem to put a lot of hours in - averaged 19 hours a week in 2015 (when I assume no w2w competition was involved) - that is beyond anyone I know but I guess not impossible?

One or 2 of his rides last week though, just borders on the superhuman side

Like this little night ride he did last Wednesday

150km at an average of 27km/h while never going faster than 33km/h

Similar to what Velouria pointed out earlier - seemingly gravity has no effect on this dude for this ride, climbs and downhills all at the same constant speed

A lot of alarm bells going off here, I would be surprised if his performance survives proper scrutiny, would not put money on this guy actually receiving the prize...

So this Strava stalker did a bit of digging - Interesting & curious case this Fanie oke

Found more of his rides this past month - most of them actually looks legit so I am a bit hesitant to use the c word here... Also he does seem to put a lot of hours in - averaged 19 hours a week in 2015 (when I assume no w2w competition was involved) - that is beyond anyone I know but I guess not impossible?

Similar to what Velouria pointed out earlier - seemingly gravity has no effect on this dude for this ride, climbs and downhills all at the same constant speed

A lot of alarm bells going off here, I would be surprised if his performance survives proper scrutiny, would not put money on this guy actually receiving the prize...

It also shows device as GPX.  So it's been imported.  

It is a bit odd

got mine last week, waiting for delivery !

wife gets it , and i get R1000 for bike parts  :clap:

by lucky draw ... I mean a lucky free entry :P

Incredible how he can pedal through Pretoria suburbs at a constant 33kph and never stop!

Incredible how he can pedal through Pretoria suburbs at a constant 33kph and never stop!

Indeed. At no point on his ride did he do anything less than 16km/h (except those 2 seconds at 12 to 14km/h)

post-275-0-51752600-1474295650_thumb.jpg

This is what a similar ride of mine looks like:

post-275-0-14268600-1474295799_thumb.jpg

Indeed. At no point on his ride did he do anything less than 16km/h (except those 2 seconds at 12 to 14km/h)

This is what a similar ride of mine looks like:

I'm curious. Even if he didn't do it on a bike how would one manage to do that? Even in a car that would be very difficult if you have go through built-up areas with traffic etc?

Some sort of indoor virtual trainer?