2016 DH World Champs - Val di Sole

Stretch

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, so stoked for Danny. He's been working FECKING hard on his race craft and seems to know just how hard and fast to push that Mondraker Summum of his.

And that run!!! Truly on the ragged edge... was a joy to behold.

Gutted for Loic. His flat up the top ruined a good run till then

Gwin... Lol! Sorry, that was priceless. More than worried about what tyres he was running, I'd like to see the wheel. Just disintegrated on him. But still,he wasn't near the time of the Redcar Rocket.

The crashes... Joh. Really big, some really nasty ones (broken hip for the ragdoll across the finish line) and that stepdown bit HARD. Hope Manon is okay, that stack looked HARD, and she probably broke something there. Haven't checked news yet tho.

But the standout for me was Laurie Greenland. Woah. If Danny looked fast (and he did) Laurie just looked as if he was dominating that track at every single spot. His and Danny's runs were truly electrifying.

What a race...

And Finn Iles takes the gold in the juniors. Some SERIOUSLY good talent coming up the ranks.

OW!

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb13929494/p5pb13929494.jpg

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb13929496/p5pb13929496.jpg

And Finn Iles takes the gold in the juniors. Some SERIOUSLY good talent coming up the ranks.

especially after that massive crash the day before

But the standout for me was Laurie Greenland. Woah. If Danny looked fast (and he did) Laurie just looked as if he was dominating that track at every single spot. His and Danny's runs were truly electrifying.

run of the day for me...how he held onto this...i just don't know

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb13928766/p5pb13928766.jpg

I have been avoiding this till I watched my dstv recording - but it stopped short of the last 4 riders... anyone know if it will be replayed some time so I can catch the last few riders?

I have been avoiding this till I watched my dstv recording - but it stopped short of the last 4 riders... anyone know if it will be replayed some time so I can catch the last few riders?

redbull.tv has a replay of the whole event, with markers for the timeline. 

PM me your number. I taped Minaar, Gwin and Hart. Will Whatsapp you the vids. They about 10 to 20 meg each.

redbull.tv has a replay of the whole event, with markers for the timeline. 

hopefully they edited out the braai pack

Reunion is under French administration and everyone there carries French passports, even the currency is French Francs, they consider themselves French.

€uros please, since 2000 !!!  :whistling:  :offtopic:

Hope Manon is okay, that stack looked HARD, and she probably broke something there. Haven't checked news yet tho.

Just a collarbone, that's the price to pay for this precise kind of crash.

Been there !

Just a collarbone, that's the price to pay for this precise kind of crash.

Been there !

Yeah, just seen that. Would have thought there'd be a few ribs as well, given how hard she came down. 

But Bersselaar's stack at the finish line... WOW. That gave me the chills. 

I think that Spez should just stop making tyres.

How many of their athletes have been robbed of the oppurtunity to compete because of punctures/slashed tyres.

Archived