2016 DH World Champs - Val di Sole

Stretch

Track walk tomorrow....this weekend is going to be on fire...I cannot wait

sadly first time in 15 years we wont see Sam Hill or Steve Peat blasting down the hill

and on that note...and since its Val di Sole.......

Edited by Stretch

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Track walk tomorrow....this weekend is going to be on fire...I cannot wait

sadly first time in 15 years we wont see Sam Hill or Steve Peat blasting down the hill

and on that note...and since its Val di Sole.......

Shame. Feel for the guy. Was absolutely crushing Peat's time (in Lycra nogal) before he washed out.

It's odd how quickly videos like this look so dated.

Shame. Feel for the guy. Was absolutely crushing Peat's time (in Lycra nogal) before he washed out.

It's odd how quickly videos like this look so dated.

but he still looks Faaaaast

lets compare it to gwinn last year

Edited by Stretch

Come on Troy Lee Designs. Make it happen

http://www.morphsuits.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/small_image/750x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/a/captain-america-2nd-skin-costume-1-us.1471147727.jpg

Psst, skollie. Gwin is sposnored by Alpinestars.

They had the Master's Worlds last weekend. Only one RSA rider that I could see, Chris Nixon in the 45-49 cat. He crashed on his race run after qualifying 7th, but still managed 14th place.

I am hoping GM continues his run of form of late and at WC races. Make it No 4 please GM.

Psst, skollie. Gwin is sposnored by Alpinestars.

Oh ya, you're right ^_^ 

Ag TLD is already guilty of star spangling him back when he was with Specialized.

Despite poking fun I actually love the way the frame looks. Its pretty awesome. 

The stars and stripes always stir up mixed feelings inside me. A reminder of one of my favourite comic book heroes. But also a reminder of misguided patriotism and merciless consumerism. America gives me heartburn sometimes.

THE CURSE OF THE RAINBOW STRIPES - 
REAL OR CODSWALLOP?

Over the years, fans and riders alike have got themselves all in a fluster about whether the coveted Rainbow Stripes jersey - the UCI jersey that goes to the victors in the Elite Men, Elite Women and Junior categories - brings bad luck to whoever wears it the following year. So what's the real story?

Looking through the history books, a few Elite Men riders have managed to prove that the curse doesn't exist, by not just taking the World Champs but also taking the overall in the World Cup the following year (or at least be in the top three podium finishes). These riders include:

World Champ 1995, World Cup overall winner 1996 - Nicolas Vouilloz World Champ 1997, World Cup overall winner 1998 - Nicolas Vouilloz World Champ 1998, World Cup overall winner 1999 - Nicolas Vouilloz World Champ 1999, World Cup overall winner 2000 - Nicolas Vouilloz World Champ 2006, World Cup overall winner 2007 - Sam Hill World Champ 2007, World Cup overall second-place 2008 - Sam Hill World Champ 2012, World Cup overall third-place 2013 - Greg Minnaar

But those are the lucky few. Going back to 1992, out of 24 World Champs, 17 of those who held the Rainbow Jersey the following year were unable to finish in the top three places for the overall of the World Cup series.
Edited by Stretch

take a moment to ponder on this little fact....

France has been the most successful World Champs nation when it comes to Elite Men's results, followed by Great Britain and the USA (Great Britain is second in the medal tables because it has secured one more silver medal than the USA). The mightiness of Greg Minnaar single-handedly puts South Africa in fourth place (yep, that's three golds, four silver, and three bronze medals!)

and to continue with what i raised in the Andorra thread...if pinkbike seem fit to add a dedicated section to this then i think there is definitely more to it

"Rumors abound that Josh Bryceland may be ready to pack it all in and retire from the international racing circuit at the end of the season, coinciding with his mentor, Steve Peat's retirement after just over two decades of UCI World Cup racing. This would mean Val di Sole may see Bryceland's last World-level UCI event. If so, Ratboy's laid-back attitude and indeed riding style would be sorely missed. We wait with bated breath..."

It would be a real shame to see Bryceland walk away from DH. That said it has been pretty clear this year that he is not totally invested/loving the racing.

and to continue with what i raised in the Andorra thread...if pinkbike seem fit to add a dedicated section to this then i think there is definitely more to it

"Rumors abound that Josh Bryceland may be ready to pack it all in and retire from the international racing circuit at the end of the season, coinciding with his mentor, Steve Peat's retirement after just over two decades of UCI World Cup racing. This would mean Val di Sole may see Bryceland's last World-level UCI event. If so, Ratboy's laid-back attitude and indeed riding style would be sorely missed. We wait with bated breath..."

Haha, thought you might pick that up! Still I hope you're wrong.