Bad blood: Morewood Bikes and PYGA Industries

Odinson

Saw a tweet a while ago from Brian Lopes and it was his first ride on a bike with Boost and he was like this is a load of crap and he will just stick with 142 x 12. As the saying goes different strokes for different okes.

Lopes was also quoted a while back having a go at 29ers and how 26 was best. Sadly the industry didn't listen to him :-)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about you, boet.

It's about staying in touch with the market offerings. Fewer and fewer manufacturers are bringing out new droppers with external routing.

Offering that "future proofs" a frame for the buyer.

Its an ali HT - if you need to hide your wire so badly, just drill your own entry and exit holes... or just stay rigid

Help a noob here - I don't know much of the whole PYGA/Morewood story

But something that has been bothering me for a while now, what would be the benefit of purchasing the Morewood brand if

A) It doesn't come with Patrick Morewood

and

B) Patrick is allowed to set up a competing brand

I just don't see the benefit for the purchasers of that brand? Obviously I'm missing something?

Help a noob here - I don't know much of the whole PYGA/Morewood story

But something that has been bothering me for a while now, what would be the benefit of purchasing the Morewood brand if

A) It doesn't come with Patrick Morewood

and

B) Patrick is allowed to set up a competing brand

I just don't see the benefit for the purchasers of that brand? Obviously I'm missing something?

We just like the name - for us that is reason enough. I mean who makes a Pinarello? Mr Pinarello?

Lopes was also quoted a while back having a go at 29ers and how 26 was best. Sadly the industry didn't listen to him :-)

Yea the industry is out to make money and what ever is the latest and hippest thing,very sad.

Archived