2017 Freedom Challenge RASA & RTR

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So only six weeks left.

Starting to get nervous. Boxes are ready except for the maps. Legs are not so ready still need to loose puppy fat neede to loose 5 kg currently have lost 5g work to do. Need some long rides as well Or I will be that lonely Casper at the back of RTR field.

How's your preparation going??

Going like a nose diving Boeing out of the race due to unforeseen circumstances, lost 12kg, not as fit as I would like to be, but a really good base for next year.......

:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Going like a nose diving Boeing out of the race due to unforeseen circumstances, lost 12kg, not as fit as I would like to be, but a really good base for next year.......

:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Ag nee man......

...and then there's this:

How to be really stupid and still be lucky. The funniest thing is that it's referred to as a "charge". They have no idea.

https://youtu.be/wYjma7Na1fg

As witnessed recently in the Baviaans, the confused and panic stricken Bosbok may pose a bigger threat to cyclists than the mighty Buffalo. Long may that continue.

As witnessed recently in the Baviaans, the confused and panic stricken Bosbok may pose a bigger threat to cyclists than the mighty Buffalo. Long may that continue.

Had a Kudu jump across the road about 5m in front of me and my bike in the Osseberg during a pleasure ride in 2014. It in one jump appeared from the bush in the lower ying left up the embankment on the right. Crossed the track and jumped up the embankment several meters high in one go even more scary than the umongous monkey that I could hear for atleast 15min before i spotted it. the size of a professional sumo wrestler on the other river bank. 

The Buffalo reminds me and JT stopping for a middle of the road picknick in 2015. Two guys appearing from the bush with a massive rifle. The guys please pack up and go eat outside the park we are after a Buffalo that attacked several cars here yesterday. They didn't know the exact location but we where most likely very close. We dodged a Buffalo there and some ranger bullets aswell.

I am now completely convinced that the slowest tick of a second in the universe occurs during a watt bike session...........

Lots of spare minutes today !!!

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:

are the guys going to be using those GPS tracker thingies again?

Yes, Spot trackers through the Trackmybike interface. Works extremely well.

I heard a bird whistle that it's going to be a awesome year to watch and to race, truly a great line racing line up, I'll have to start banking on sleep, cause it's going to be a sleepless event to be repeated.......

Maybe I must give the Boeing some clean air and lift the nose....

:nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke:

Has anyone got suggestions for the best Cycle computer for RASA.(non GPS of course). 

I can't find any with Dist1 and Dist2 as well as ODO apart from Cateye.