2017 Freedom Challenge RASA & RTR

Anton's time was in the region of 60 hrs last year if I'm not mistaken, so he has the ability to give Mike a good go, but having entered both races it will be interesting to see what his strategy is.

A safe bet would most probably be Mike imo.

PS I also think lots of snow will make things great to watch!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anton's time was in the region of 60 hrs last year if I'm not mistaken, so he has the ability to give Mike a good go, but having entered both races it will be interesting to see what his strategy is.

I packet one semi snow tire as a spare you never know.

So I believe we need to be chatting a bit about RTR first people setting of soon

Mike Woolnough

He has it all route and night experience and proven from this year Munga Cradock Durban Dash all with podium results. And he's leaving last so he has split times to ride too. 55 Hours I predict

None Mike is going to win

None

** and a half

Anton Mayberry not sure to his strategy is he going for RASA recce or is he going to be set use the first serious guide time

Leon he's a **** start rider but starting really early so to me he's just going for a recce ride.

Otto and Poser they ride as a pair have been there before and posted decent times I see the coming in in around 3 days

Pieter van der Westhuizen his profile pic is really slick and apparently adevnture racing is in the bloodline

* and a half

Ollie and Lee if the can remember the difference between the Tina and Vuvu river they should go clearly under 4 days

Myself? I havee not been racing fit for over ten years, am almost ten kg above my fighting weight and almost 100 watts shy of the good old days that I went fast I'll just try to not be distanced too much by all the other snakes. Lets pray for snow.

thats if Ollie and Lee dont take the wrong valley towards VUVU this year... lol

No Snow at the moment checked it out last weekend, was very warm

so one week back in the office after EA and there are serious f@ck lets go to RTR thoughts flowing through my head now :whistling:

Strong batches this year gonna be good dot watching...

so one week back in the office after EA and there are serious f@ck lets go to RTR thoughts flowing through my head now :whistling:

Do it.

Fitness is no problem - mindset is no problem.

Route is strewn with riding partners, maps, good food - what more do you need?

Best rides can be the last minute ones - trust me.

Do it.

Leave days,  job to come back to, entry fee, possibly new mrs afterwards, etc, etc, etc. 

Do it.

Very convincing argument.........

Fitness no problem - 3 days to get fit to Rhodes......

Mindset no problem - Never been a problem......

Route strewn with lucky packets - Oh goodie !!!!

Best rides can be the last minute ones - only time will tell if I can make it to the start line.....

Motivation - More than enough from friends, family and fellow racers

Very convincing and tempting indeed !!!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

So I believe we need to be chatting a bit about RTR first people setting of soon

Mike Woolnough

He has it all route and night experience and proven from this year Munga Cradock Durban Dash all with podium results. And he's leaving last so he has split times to ride too. 55 Hours I predict

None Mike is going to win

None

** and a half

Anton Mayberry not sure to his strategy is he going for RASA recce or is he going to be set use the first serious guide time

Leon he's a **** start rider but starting really early so to me he's just going for a recce ride.

Otto and Poser they ride as a pair have been there before and posted decent times I see the coming in in around 3 days

Pieter van der Westhuizen his profile pic is really slick and apparently adevnture racing is in the bloodline

* and a half

Ollie and Lee if the can remember the difference between the Tina and Vuvu river they should go clearly under 4 days

Myself? I havee not been racing fit for over ten years, am almost ten kg above my fighting weight and almost 100 watts shy of the good old days that I went fast I'll just try to not be distanced too much by all the other snakes. Lets pray for snow.

Leon didn't start but seems to be going for RASA instead teming up with JT from nam?

Anton disappeared from both RTR and RASA start list not sure why.

When will we have the first one going to centacow? Ollie and Lee or is Janine gonna have a go from the earlier group?

Dave, well done on finishing EA!  We start RTR on Wednesday.  Join us if you feel like it - have a seat open in the car...

Leon Erasmus has opted to ride RASA instead of RTR - last minute switch.

Anton Maybery has withdrawn due to an ankle injury sustained on a recent recce trip.

Ralph Gilbert did not start RTR in Batch 2 due to a burglary at his home the night before he was due to start - he is still hoping to start in one of the remaining batches.

Withdrawals so far: Colin Ogilvie (RTR Batch 1) at Allendale due to a chest infection and Derik de Jager (RTR Batch 2) at The Oaks due to a problem with his eyesight.

I see there were some campers in the Umko Valley last night. 

Not the best way to start R2R, but it will make for good war stories!

I see there were some campers in the Umko Valley last night. 

Not the best way to start R2R, but it will make for good war stories!

Not the best way but it is a nice way 

Not the best way but it is a nice way 

Yes, it would appear that one camper is not so happy.....but it's easy to be smart-ass behind a keyboard, I wasn't stomping around there in the dark getting frustrated.

Archived