Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

for R1400.00? If the tyres were good they were worth that! Sometimes we want to clutch onto our mistakes/regrets and blame others for them. Time to man up and move on.

Totally! Plus blaming bad light is not the strongest argument in the Cape in the beginning of March. Unless it was close to 8pm the sun should still have been shining plenty to see the wheels just fine

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have, as most people do, indicated that the pictures weren't accurate.

I know a long time passed, but I do believe the buyer would have raised the issue sooner had he actually looked at or used the wheels. 2 years ago I bought a Fox rear shock for a project that I was going to build. Paid R1800 for the shock. To this day it has never been on a bike, so I don't know really what I bought. The seller 1) saw an photo of what was not the real product and 2) saw it in a badly lit area.

The seller probably wasn't done in on purpose, but I do believe he bought a dud after a clusterf*ck of things.

I hear you and I have learnt from my mistake.......The wheels sold were the exact wheels depicted in the pic.......and the buyer did inspect them in front of me.....I did not rush him at all.......What gaurantee (other than the buyer's word) do I have that he never used those wheels for the past +-7months or part thereof which in turn caused the dredded "stress mark"?????  I should take his word for that.....BUT he refuses to take my word that I sold him a decent wheelset.........

Ewww

I was going to suggest a neck down full frontal picture in the buff, but that would have just been double Ewww!

for R1400.00? If the tyres were good they were worth that! Sometimes we want to clutch onto our mistakes/regrets and blame others for them. Time to man up and move on.

Nuff said.....buyer move on!

Should have, as most people do, indicated that the pictures weren't accurate.

I know a long time passed, but I do believe the buyer would have raised the issue sooner had he actually looked at or used the wheels. 2 years ago I bought a Fox rear shock for a project that I was going to build. Paid R1800 for the shock. To this day it has never been on a bike, so I don't know really what I bought. The seller 1) saw an photo of what was not the real product and 2) saw it in a badly lit area.

The seller probably wasn't done in on purpose, but I do believe he bought a dud after a clusterf*ck of things.

DISAGREE, the buyer arrange a suitable time with the seller, he inspected and took possession of.  He was happy with the sale and do not tell me you throw them in a dark cupboard as soon as you get home without having a good look at them at your leisure and in your own time!!  That would be the first thing any buyer would do, if nothing else for peace of mind if the sale happened to take place on a dimly lit street.

I was going to suggest a neck down full frontal picture in the buff, but that would have just been double Ewww!

Full Monty. Let;s have it. Fig leaves are permissible.

I hear you and I have learnt from my mistake.......The wheels sold were the exact wheels depicted in the pic.......and the buyer did inspect them in front of me.....I did not rush him at all.......What gaurantee (other than the buyer's word) do I have that he never used those wheels for the past +-7months or part thereof which in turn caused the dredded "stress mark"?????  I should take his word for that.....BUT he refuses to take my word that I sold him a decent wheelset.........

Dude, all good.

There is not much that you can still do. Move on.

I cannot wait for sentencing! 

Like when Dips was sentenced to use CAPS LOCKS FOR THREE YEARS.... i am so glad thats over

Please dont remind him!!

This entire thread could have been avoided if the wheels were inspected and it came up withing a reasonably short period of time. Im very sure OP would have been glad to refund if it was a day or two later.

Still it would have deprived us of the gem this is turning out to be. 

The fred must go on.

Full Monty. Let;s have it. Fig leaves are permissible.

LOL......You guys are NASTY.....serious.....Now I'm getting more worried....... I'm gonna need a really big fig leaf.......Lmao.....

This entire thread could have been avoided if the wheels were inspected and it came up withing a reasonably short period of time. Im very sure OP would have been glad to refund if it was a day or two later.

Still it would have deprived us of the gem this is turning out to be. 

The fred must go on.

If it was a day or two later I would have gladly refunded him....  

Sounds like someone who realized after 6 months that his build would never materialize and tried to recover the funds. I was there once...

It would have been much quicker and easier just to sell the wheels on to someone else. 

Can admin please stop all further posts.  I have work to do dammit!!!

Keep it open until Jan Vermaark comes and gives his legal opinion please.

Keep it open unitl Jan Vermaark comes and gives his legal opinion please.

We could use Lion-man as the Hub debt collector :ph34r:

Archived