Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

It was not an actual photo (my apologies) as I did not have an actual photo at the time...The photo used was to show exactly which wheelset it was.... BUT.....I never stated anywhere in the ad that the wheels were new or never used......In fact....I mentioned that they had done +-700km's.......Buyer asked me about this and that is what I said and then suggested bringing him the wheels for him to look at them.....

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta be honest here... I'm starting to smell something fishy. MY opinion... the wheels were not the wheels in the photo. Chances are the OP never even noticed that there was a difference in the wheels. In a hurry got a photo from the interwebs for whatever the stickers said and sold the wheels. Sounds like it was dark when the transaction was made so everything kinda slipped through the cracks. Yeah, the buyer did sit on his hands to start using the wheels (be that the truth or not)... but ja... I'd like to know where that picture came from and if THOSE were the wheels. I'm thinking not... I saw now that if you upload a photo to Tutti.ch it puts a watermark on. So why would a seller try sell wheels to people in Italy?

I think there is quite a bit of misunderstanding here, but if the picture wasn't real, that does take us back to misrepresentation.

Not really. What it does do is mean that the seller most likely breached a copyright in using someone else's photo without permission (unless he indeed obtained permission).

The photo constitutes part of the invitation to do business. No claims were made referring to the photo.

Maybe if he posted them, not if they met and exchanged the goods. If you dont check what you pay for, sorry for you.

Ja I see what you are saying but still. He didn't indicate in his ad that the wheels were not as displayed.

If I sell a car as a BMW and all looks good on face value, but then you find out half the parts are aftermarket crap...

There has to be a bit of responsibility on the sellers behalf as well, if the pics weren't accurate.

It was not an actual photo (my apologies) as I did not have an actual photo at the time...The photo used was to show exactly which wheelset it was.... BUT.....I never stated anywhere in the ad that the wheels were new or never used......In fact....I mentioned that they had done +-700km's.......Buyer asked me about this and that is what I said and then suggested bringing him the wheels for him to look at them.....

I think the fact that there was a meet and inspection is enough. How did the wheels come into your possession, did you get them with your bike?

Gotta be honest here... I'm starting to smell something fishy. MY opinion... the wheels were not the wheels in the photo. Chances are the OP never even noticed that there was a difference in the wheels. In a hurry got a photo from the interwebs for whatever the stickers said and sold the wheels. Sounds like it was dark when the transaction was made so everything kinda slipped through the cracks. Yeah, the buyer did sit on his hands to start using the wheels (be that the truth or not)... but ja... I'd like to know where that picture came from and if THOSE were the wheels. I'm thinking not... I saw now that if you upload a photo to Tutti.ch it puts a watermark on. So why would a seller try sell wheels to people in Italy?

I think there is quite a bit of misunderstanding here, but if the picture wasn't real, that does take us back to misrepresentation.

Sorry, I do not agree.

TONS of Hub items are sold with web based or stock pics. The source of the picture does not absolve the buyer from his responsibility of checking the wheels.

He had them in his hand, when the exchange was made, he then had them in his possession for 6 months. Now we want to say, "hmmm the original pic might not be original, therefore we forget all the other parts of the story" BS guys!!

Buyer dude, you should have checked the item you bought and brought up any issues you had. 6 months later is not cool, and if I was the seller I would have told you to GFY if you wrote me threatening messages like you did after 6 months.

Maybe if he posted them, not if they met and exchanged the goods. If you dont check what you pay for, sorry for you.

I'm with savage on this one. 6 months is a long time. When I buy sonething I dont stash it for 6 months. Maybe it's just me but I would've checked out my sweet deal when I got home and the next morning before I left for work.

Maybe a case of "skaam kwaad".

I am not choosing sides, all I'm saying is that it is a bit late now for a refund.

Ja I see what you are saying but still. He didn't indicate in his ad that the wheels were not as displayed.

If I sell a car as a BMW and all looks good on face value, but then you find out half the parts are aftermarket crap...

There has to be a bit of responsibility on the sellers behalf as well, if the pics weren't accurate.

Yes, but you would view the car and notice that the rims are gold, the bonnet is spayed black and there is a skew M badge and you would not buy the car. If you still bought the car after seeing that, then you cannot claim misrepresentation because you inspected the car.

Unless he specifically stated that the photo was the actual wheels I am not sure that he misrepresented anything. It stands to point that the buyer saw them, regardless of how dark it was, bought them and then took them home. . . so between him buying it and putting it in the car, taking it home and placing it wherever he stored it, he never saw anything wrong with the wheels that lead him to believe that they are not the same ones he saw online?

I still don't but the fact that he never had a close look at them when he got home though. . . 

Should have, as most people do, indicated that the pictures weren't accurate.

I know a long time passed, but I do believe the buyer would have raised the issue sooner had he actually looked at or used the wheels. 2 years ago I bought a Fox rear shock for a project that I was going to build. Paid R1800 for the shock. To this day it has never been on a bike, so I don't know really what I bought. The seller 1) saw an photo of what was not the real product and 2) saw it in a badly lit area.

The seller probably wasn't done in on purpose, but I do believe he bought a dud after a clusterf*ck of things.

Just checking in to see if there is an instagram handle i need to make a note of... but My connection in the government (Lexx) beat me to it....

I'm not quite sure how one stresses aluminium rims, seems a bit obscure to me, however, my imagination suggests that such stress marks could be as a result of one of the two parties involved being considerably obese. 

So to settle the dispute and to determine if the stressing was pre or post sale I suggest that both parties post an independently verifiable picture of their current body weight and we can come to a conclusion based on that!

caveat emptor... seriously... how does this buyer shop for groceries? I can see him finding a hairy strawberry... the mind boggles. 6 months though?? GTFO!

inspect the merch and walk away of not happy or renegotiate. in which case voetstoots.

I'm not quite sure how one stresses aluminium rims, seems a bit obscure to me, however, my imagination suggests that such stress marks could be as a result of one of the two parties involved being considerably obese. 

So to settle the dispute and to determine if the stressing was pre or post sale I suggest that both parties post an independently verifiable picture of their current body weight and we can come to a conclusion based on that!

in short....#liftselfie

I'm not quite sure how one stresses aluminium rims, seems a bit obscure to me, however, my imagination suggests that such strech marks could be as a result of one of the two parties involved being considerably obese. 

Ewww

Should have, as most people do, indicated that the pictures weren't accurate.

I know a long time passed, but I do believe the buyer would have raised the issue sooner had he actually looked at or used the wheels. 2 years ago I bought a Fox rear shock for a project that I was going to build. Paid R1800 for the shock. To this day it has never been on a bike, so I don't know really what I bought. The seller 1) saw an photo of what was not the real product and 2) saw it in a badly lit area.

The seller probably wasn't done in on purpose, but I do believe he bought a dud after a clusterf*ck of things.

for R1400.00? If the tyres were good they were worth that! Sometimes we want to clutch onto our mistakes/regrets and blame others for them. Time to man up and move on.

they'll need to make sure it's a real pic and not lifted from the internet... #justsaying...

Archived