The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

This is just a trolling post, surely. Or someone is very very naive. (Then again, the post you're replying to is just as bad).

We need look no further than last year's Vuelta to see just how close Quintana, Froome and Contador were. As I've said before, the margins are so small between first and the rest, that the slightest thing (like Contador continually falling off his bike) can have a profound outcome on the result.

Froome is beatable, it's just going to take some cunning bike riding to do so.

Teaming up against TummyD almost worked, maybe it is a worthwhile effort for a couple of GT teams to form an alliance of sorts and attack Froome until he is mathematically out of contention...?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was just under 5 min off. That's not really that close in my opinion. Previous Tour de France years he's been more than 5 min off the pace.

As soon as we hit the first mountain stage, Alberto will dropped like always. You can quote me on that.

His leg was fractured.

We'll talk again after the tour. (when he's the only one attacking Froome/Sky left right and center)

Yip.. someone who will lay it all on the line for a chance at glory ... few of them around.

As long as what there is tar to ride, no matter the deficit he will fight to the bitter end ..Now if he can just stay on his bike. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

18700740_10154802131688002_6331356613276

I know Giant has done pretty well in terms of stage victories in the various Grand Tours, but is this their first overall GT win?

Thanx for the info. [emoji106]

That'll suit him.

He will prob co-lead with Valverde then

Giving Movistar some options.

Wonder how much team depth they've got.

Movistar should think long and hard Valverde has shown really great form this year .. smart racer too.

Teaming up against TummyD almost worked, maybe it is a worthwhile effort for a couple of GT teams to form an alliance of sorts and attack Froome until he is mathematically out of contention...?

Very hard to do...he has a superior team..

BUT

I can't wait to see the trek lineup for the TDF. They have brought some really good generals. .we could almost see the 2 teams evenly matched. ALMOST

His leg was fractured.

and last year again that early crash..remember..yoh... the oke needs to just stay on his bike.

Jan Ullrich and Bjarne Riis won TDF on Giant

Uhm, TMobile rode Pinarello in those days.

Uhm, TMobile rode Pinarello in those days.

Just wanted to say that I am not sure about that..lol

I'm not sure the giro thread is enjoying all this Tour de France talk ..... hint hint Cav time to start the TDF 2017 thread

Archived