SeanGrey

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's the one I've got atm. 

Looking at about a 30mm rise or so. 

Can I send you a 15mm spacer?    :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Can I send you a 15mm spacer?    :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Brings the reach closer... want to retain as long a reach as possible. Extra rise does that, extra spacers don't due to the head angle. 

Brings the reach closer... want to retain as long a reach as possible. Extra rise does that, extra spacers don't due to the head angle. 

You are splitting hairs boet.

Less Analysis Paralysis. More Riding. 

You are splitting hairs boet.

Less Analysis Paralysis. More Riding. 

at the moment I'm bored and sick, and haven't been on the bike for ages (a week) So my mind wanders. A reach change of 5mm probably won't do a lot, you're right. So I'll just swap some spacers around. 

Thanks for the money saving tip... 

Iv got a 2016 giant trance so think it's not the overdrive 2 one everyone has issues with. My bar has a slight rise spank spike 777 bars trimmed to 750 awesome riding with them. Yea totally agree with the fit thing Alan also been set up with cleats and all that. Have my 510's with flats for the more hectic trails and love being able to stick a foot out. Flexibility wise I'm pretty sorted been doing sports and gym my whole life (28 yrs old) so I suppose maybe I have been put into a more xc race position as opposed to a normal trail riding one. Going to find a second hand one and try it out for a few weeks and see.

SeanNew2Ride, a bit of shameless self promotion here, but I have a new Spank Spike 50mm stem for sale https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/212834-stems/

Know it's not the cheapest option if you're still in testing phase, but you can PM me if you're interested

I can add a 120mm stem into the packet for you - should help on the reach front....  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I can add a 120mm stem into the packet for you - should help on the reach front....  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I'll die... or rather, my bike will kill me before it allows a 120mm stem onit. 

I was also contemplating some highrise bars to get me a bit more upright. Interested to see how you go with those.

I've been riding riser bars for yonks because most of my thoracic spine is fused with titanium bits and I need to ride upright or I can't see far enough ahead. All the lighties kept telling me how uncool my riser bars are .... but the wheel turns .... and the recent popularity of riser bars seems to correspond with the current 'long and low' frame trend.

The new ENVE Minnaar DH bar has 30mm rise.

I think rider's bodies are telling the industry something.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've been riding riser bars for yonks because most of my thoracic spine is fused with titanium bits and I need to ride upright or I can't see far enough ahead. All the lighties kept telling me how uncool my riser bars are .... but the wheel turns .... and the recent popularity of riser bars seems to correspond with the current 'long and low' frame trend.

The new ENVE Minnaar DH bar has 30mm rise.

I think rider's bodies are telling the industry something.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have the rapide 15mm rise bar which is awesome and the only reason I want a 20-30mm rise is because I have all spacers at the bottom of the stem. The stem is the overdrive stem at 8deg rise but I still feel I would like to be a but more upright as I do have some issues with the lower back. 

If the steerer was a bit longer then I would just get another spacer and all good but I can't.

Your all good with the overdrive, they dropped it in 2015. Yeah, as Skollie mentioned, Rapide have 45mm stem they just released at just over R300 ( can recall the exact price) which is a great option. Can ways sell it of you don't like it ☺

who stocks rapide again?

Archived