2016 Red Bull Rampage

Nick

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love rampage but Im not sure if I can watch the judges shafting Semenuk again.

After last year there were so many bad feelings too around risk vs reward etc so will be interesting to see what happens this year.

a bit morbid, but it will be interesting to see which event results in more ragdolls: DH world champs Val di Sole or this year's revamped, safety first rampage.

I love rampage but Im not sure if I can watch the judges shafting Semenuk again.

After last year there were so many bad feelings too around risk vs reward etc so will be interesting to see what happens this year.

All new judges this year ... to be a judge you have to be a past Rampage rider.

Will be interesting to see what its like after the carnage of last year and the riders having big meetings with Red Bull to make the event safer.

All new judges this year ... to be a judge you have to be a past Rampage rider.

Will be interesting to see what its like after the carnage of last year and the riders having big meetings with Red Bull to make the event safer.

It was becoming more and more of a case in pushing things further each year. 

At some point things are going to go badly when that happens.

Good news on the judging though.

Considering how far things did get pushed by Zink et al its amazing there were not more serious injuries than there were. 

I am looking forward to the new venue and format - I think too many riders injured themselves in qualies so practice and main event seems like a better format to me. Too much pressure to perform and accidents happen especially in a tight schedule. 

Bring it on!

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the new site will also be way more natural to encourage some more old school freeriding and less "let's see who can frontflip a 70ft canyon first".

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the new site will also be way more natural to encourage some more old school freeriding and less "let's see who can frontflip a 70ft canyon first".

Thats mooi. I remember it being more like that back in the day.

You couldn't really see the lines till they actually rode it.

Archived