Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

So the R2,000 per month drops to R1,000. I thought initially the jump from 900 to 2,000 was too good to be true. :-( One has to wonder who decides on these numbers, just to realize oh no, this was a bugger up. Lets half it again a year later...

Thanks for the details

Yep. Still 12k a year on the max level. But I you're amber, the max you can ever get is R7,200 pa if you use the above example. And that's on private club.

If you're on "green" and pvt club it's a win all the way.

Still sucks.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Still 12k a year on the max level. But I you're amber, the max you can ever get is R7,200 pa if you use the above example. And that's on private club.

If you're on "green" and pvt club it's a win all the way.

Still sucks.

Myles.. I am not overly excited about the Multiply changes for next year.. it's a mission getting clients to use 1 app for active days now additional apps on 2018[emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Myles.. I am not overly excited about the Multiply changes for next year.. it's a mission getting clients to use 1 app for active days now additional apps on 2018[emoji53]

That's why I still want more info than is available on the current marketing docs. It is crap for those at the lower levels, but we've been doing this for Vitality for years... Just becomes less of a benefit / advantage of the momentum (health) offering.

Sorta changes to the current vitality model. If you want the benefits, work for them. Not getting anything for gratis anymore.

But yes. I Understand the reasons behind the change (it makes sense to tie it to contributions) but I don't like it.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

What apps are you guys talking about?

What apps are you guys talking about?

Comes into effect next year .. the safety day app and the money app.

f2fc95ea4c1a0114f161a636e6e20bd1.jpgfb48dde5f4166c60f461a83fe6e9daab.jpg

This may help prepare for next year.[emoji24]

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59e057e36dfe4/Multiply%20Broker%20Brochure%202018_V30%20Presentation.pdf

Looking at that I should have my 1500 points in January, All my insurance(life, car, home, funds at work) eggs are in the same momentum basket and have been for 5+ years so that is a bunch of points for doing absolutely nothing. Then we meet with our broker mid Jan and on the same day he organisers a fitness test at his office. Off to dischem for a quick test and then its just tick over with the active dayz. I wont even need to do the online surveys but will do it anyway just to show off :P .

Absolutely. I have DL/Vit and MH/Multiply and get the best of both worlds. Would I move my life cover over to Momentum if I could better the cover : premium there? Absolutely. But the 40% discount I'd get now (and 60% in 2 years) simply doesn't overcome the extra benefits and payback I get through disco.

For some, it does. And in those cases I'll always recommend a move. But only if it's in their best interest

So you swing both ways then? I'm currently with DH/ Vitality and use it to its full. I also have certain products with Momentum but always thought it would be a waste having both Vitality and Multiply. I had a meeting with my advisor and she also has both (Diamond and Private club) and she also recommend us to take Multiply. To get to private club won't be an issue and the savings we will get and other benefits are much more than the monthly contributions. She send me a shitload of brochures and stuff that I will read through over the weekend, but yeah, I'm looking forward at getting the best of both worlds. :clap:

So you swing both ways then? I'm currently with DH/ Vitality and use it to its full. I also have certain products with Momentum but always thought it would be a waste having both Vitality and Multiply. I had a meeting with my advisor and she also has both (Diamond and Private club) and she also recommend us to take Multiply. To get to private club won't be an issue and the savings we will get and other benefits are much more than the monthly contributions. She send me a shitload of brochures and stuff that I will read through over the weekend, but yeah, I'm looking forward at getting the best of both worlds. :clap:

I think the multiply premium is less than R300, We make that back with one takealot order of nappies, and there are plenty of those orders in the year. Last 2 years we have used both our allotted R20k in takealot vouchers. So that's R40k in takealot vouchers and we pay R32k for that. Save R8k with takealot and majority of our takealot stuff is baby essentials and pet food so its not stuff we bought just for the sake of buying.

Thank you for that Gen, at a quick glance, you really need to buy into the Momentum ecosystem, much like Discovery/Vitality. For a new joiner who purely has the Health/Multiply products, it will be a bugger to get to 500 points. Please correct my limited understanding where necessary.

Thank you for that Gen, at a quick glance, you really need to buy into the Momentum ecosystem, much like Discovery/Vitality. For a new joiner who purely has the Health/Multiply products, it will be a bugger to get to 500 points. Please correct my limited understanding where necessary.

nah, it's actually pretty easy to get to 500 points. Online assessments, fitness assessments, broker appointments and revisions together with active days and the "security checks" etc. 

The thing that takes time is getting to Private Club, purely for the reason that you get more points the longer you have their products. 

I’ve heard that perks on the multiply online shop will increase, know how true this is?

not so much increase, as change. I still need to dig into it properly as the marketing material was VERY thin on that aspect (Gen may know a bit more) but it seems as if it's changing from an up front discount system to a cash-back system, much like Vitality's partner store discounts are at the moment. 

Seems that way, at least.

I’ve heard that perks on the multiply online shop will increase, know how true this is?

From what I see, Edgars is actually going down from 40% to 25%.   The rest just looks the same.

From what I see, Edgars is actually going down from 40% to 25%.   The rest just looks the same.

That sucks. I have picked up some damn good bargains before at Edgars. Almost felt like I was robbing them. Their 50% sales(of which they have often) paired with 40% off was pretty lekker.