What is this Specialized Power saddle all about

Chris NewbyFraser

'There's no stock in the country' from a LBS salesperson nearly always means 'I couldn't be bothered to phone around or order one for you, why don't you rather make a choice from the stuff we have on display'

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't trust those assometers from Spez. They measured me and suggested I purchase the 155 Phenom saddle. Had the same pain in the hammie where it joins your butt. I just thought I wasn't saddle fit and just pushed through the pain barrier hopping it would go away. Needless to say it didn't. Went for a bike set up at Cyclefit as I had the original bike fit done by Spez. Cyclefit suggested that the pain in the hammie was due to friction and pressure from the saddle because the saddle was to wide for me. I tested a 143 Henge ( a little bit more padding than the Phenom) and all my problems were solved instantly. It's been 18 month now and not a days issue since.

My suggestion would be, if your having the same issues, and it sounds like some of you are, try a narrower saddle if you can get your hands on one, and see if that doesn't solve the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't trust those assometers from Spez. They measured me and suggested I purchase the 155 Phenom saddle. Had the same pain in the hammie where it joins your butt. I just thought I wasn't saddle fit and just pushed through the pain barrier hopping it would go away. Needless to say it didn't. Went for a bike set up at Cyclefit as I had the original bike fit done by Spez. Cyclefit suggested that the pain in the hammie was due to friction and pressure from the saddle because the saddle was to wide for me. I tested a 143 Henge ( a little bit more padding than the Phenom) and all my problems were solved instantly. It's been 18 month now and not a days issue since.

My suggestion would be, if your having the same issues, and it sounds like some of you are, try a narrower saddle if you can get your hands on one, and see if that doesn't solve the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm also dubious of those assometers as it seems the majority are told they need a 155. I measured it twice and they were adamant I needed a 155 so I bought one. There is no really pain or any other discomfort from my 143 henge other than the chaffing issue. I do find that the 155 seems to rub a little on the inner upper thigh.

Remember where "our" (you and me)  LBS is at. . . .

They also tel me; "you can't get this. That is not made any more"  ext ext ext.

Then I order the things myself.  

Take everything  most  LBS tell you with a shovel of salt. 

My problem is that I bought a 155 there and need it exchanged. They do not want to give a refund. Cycletec has a 143. So annoying

• 1 month later...

Anyone know an online retailer that sells power saddles in 143? My LBS has still "not received" stock (since December) and I am getting fed up and will just go ahead and buy from a different source. I can't believe his excuse that no one in SA has stock!

Anyone know an online retailer that sells power saddles in 143? My LBS has still "not received" stock (since December) and I am getting fed up and will just go ahead and buy from a different source. I can't believe his excuse that no one in SA has stock!

As far as I know you wont be able to buy any specialized products online in South-Africa. Your best bet will be to phone around for stock. My LBS is centurion cyclery. The last time I was there 2 weeks ago there was plenty of saddles available.

As far as I know you wont be able to buy any specialized products online in South-Africa. Your best bet will be to phone around for stock. My LBS is centurion cyclery. The last time I was there 2 weeks ago there was plenty of saddles available.

From Namibia, so logistics around LBS's based in SA is a nightmare

• 4 weeks later...

I have a sworks phenom on my bike. I thought i will never look at another saddle ever again. The phenom is really that good. My xc hardtail came with a power pro saddle and i have to admit, it is also pretty sweet. Need some more miles on it but a very good saddle based on a couple of rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what's your guys thoughts on the power saddel?

Something to get used to on the first ride or two and had to stop three or four times to make tiny adjustments until I felt comfortable. If set-up/positioned correctly, it's awesome! You will either love it OR hate it. Try to get a test saddle from your lbs to try it out for a few rides if you can.

post-4329-0-86185400-1493407963_thumb.jpg

Edited by nathrix ® ©™