What is this Specialized Power saddle all about

Chris NewbyFraser

It's one weird looking piece of equipment. What is it's function? It seems too wide for using on a bike unless it is for old fashioned sit-up-and-beg types

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, it's good. Second, it looks wider than it is thanks to the stubby design. Besides it is available in 3 different widths to fit your sit bones. Go try one out and let us know how it goes. 

If it helps I've done a review on one earlier this year. Link to it HERE. Since then I have replaced the saddles on both my usual rides with Power saddles. It has just about ruined me for any other saddle!

It's one weird looking piece of equipment. What is it's function? It seems too wide for using on a bike unless it is for old fashioned sit-up-and-beg types

Hope this isn't another Spez-bashing thread in the making...but I'll drop my 2c at risk of feeding the monster  :whistling:

Having struggled for a few years to find a saddle which didn't feel like what I'd imagine your first night in prison to be, I strolled into a Specialized shop to see what they had on offer.  Sales guy pointed out the power saddle and handed it to me to try for a weekend.

First impression was "what is that weird looking saddle about", but was explained that its designed to help you get out and forward of the saddle in the "power position" without getting bits snagged on the pointy end (of the saddle that is  :ph34r: )

Long story short, ride number 1 on it was so comfy that it ended up being a 3 hour session...and first time in my life experiencing no discomfort at all.  Went back on the Monday asked them to please take my money.

As Iwan said... kind of ruined me for other saddles.

I'm no Spez fan, but give credit where credit is due - when it comes to saddles and their whole fitment/assometer thingy, they are tops. rode for years in pain, one visit to their assometer room and a spez saddle to the correct size - Sorted.

Same with Shitmano - Their MTB peddles, nothing beats them, they are bulletproof. All their other components should be on your fishing rod. :ph34r:

Hmmm. Interesting but I think i'll stick with my WTB Rocket. Works for my derriere. Tried a couple of Spez saddles and they could not find the sweet spot.

Personally, i'm a Spez Phenom fan but will give the Power a bash some day...cos your @ss deserves the best...hahahaaaa

After reading the review on this site, and then other sites, was really keen.

They didn't have stock at first but then I spotted them on the shelf this last Saturday and bought the bottom of the range.

Have done one short ride and have to say that it feels rather different to my WTB rocket. more weight on the sit bones specifically? Not necessarily bad, just different.

Was also aware of a bigger cut-out so there's less pressure on the dangly bits.

The proof will come with longer rides and more technical rides.

What I do really like is the ability to mount tyre/tools to the saddle base, clever.

As some of you may, or may not be aware, I have a rather long ride planned in my future.

I will be going to Spez in Stellies to try out these things. The power saddle was recommended to me by another shop - but I will give you guys full feedback on how the fit goes and also if it lasts the distance over the weekend.

I'm no Spez fan, but give credit where credit is due - when it comes to saddles and their whole fitment/assometer thingy, they are tops. rode for years in pain, one visit to their assometer room and a spez saddle to the correct size - Sorted.

Same with Shitmano - Their MTB peddles, nothing beats them, they are bulletproof. All their other components should be on your fishing rod. :ph34r:

and what the heck have you been doing that you suddenly pop up here ? How much lurking you been doing ?

would be great if they kept more stock...

Check in at your local concept store, shipments have just arrived. (Some of their good tyres also in stock)

First, it's good. Second, it looks wider than it is thanks to the stubby design. Besides it is available in 3 different widths to fit your sit bones. Go try one out and let us know how it goes.

If it helps I've done a review on one earlier this year. Link to it HERE. Since then I have replaced the saddles on both my usual rides with Power saddles. It has just about ruined me for any other saddle!

Thanks for the review.

What is the advantage of more weight on the sit bones? Is this more comfortable in your opinion?

Archived