Win 1 of 2 Absa Cape Epic team entries with USN

News bot

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

I want somewhere where I can see the number of people left decreasing every two weeks at the end of the challenge.

was thinking the same thing this morn

I think that people are allowed to sync their data (late syncs) up until all the challenges are completed on the specified dates, as long as they have entered the competition in time and actually completed those challenge on the dates required? So there are people who entered, most probably completed challenges in the specified period, but haven't synced it yet and will most probably do so before the competition closes...no way of knowing who should be removed or not. It sucks but that's the problem i see.

I think that people are allowed to sync their data (late syncs) up until all the challenges are completed on the specified dates, as long as they have entered the competition in time and actually completed those challenge on the dates required? So there are people who entered, most probably completed challenges in the specified period, but haven't synced it yet and will most probably do so before the competition closes...no way of knowing who should be removed or not. It sucks but that's the problem i see.

Sounds right yes.

But I would not take that change.  I have had data getting corrupted.  So for me I rather download ASAP.  (As I walk in the door at home)

For this competition it makes no sense to hold back on the download. 

But the problem do remain so yes, can't really take anyone off.

I would also like to only see people who still qualify.  What benefit is there to showing people who are out of the running? Surely late uploads would just mark the rider as legible to the competition so they would just auto-magically appear in the list.

They should keep the master data and just add a tab which filters the master data for people who have up to date completed all the challenges. That way when someone syncs late, the filter will pick it up and provide an updated list. It really is a simple task.

Hi everyone, the suggestion for only showing or allowing filtering of those still in the running are all spot on.

We can make the changes, it is relatively simple to do based on the data and the way the system works, but its more a case of squeezing in the unplanned development time. I'll see if I can slot in later today. 

:thumbup:

re challenge 4, it says 12 hours 3 consecutive rides

as a commuter, i plan to do longer rides in the morning(to work), would this mean not logging the afternoon/evening ride(fro work)?

or will these be excluded automatically? 

re challenge 4, it says 12 hours 3 consecutive rides

as a commuter, i plan to do longer rides in the morning(to work), would this mean not logging the afternoon/evening ride(fro work)?

or will these be excluded automatically? 

I would think that you should exclude the afternoon sessions.  Otherwise it would show morning afternoon morning as your three consecutive rides.  If they're not consecutive then there's no other way of 'filtering' out your short rides?  I would think...   That's how I see it anyway.

it should add the consecutive days ... 1,2,3 

so irrespective of number of rides in a day ... for day 1 you should get {ride 1 hours} + {ride 2 hours}, then on day 2  {ride 1 hours} + {ride 2 hours} and on day 3 the same pattern ...

only requirement is that days 1,2,3 are consecutive ...

at least thats the way I see it.

it should add the consecutive days ... 1,2,3 

so irrespective of number of rides in a day ... for day 1 you should get {ride 1 hours} + {ride 2 hours}, then on day 2  {ride 1 hours} + {ride 2 hours} and on day 3 the same pattern ...

only requirement is that days 1,2,3 are consecutive ...

at least thats the way I see it.

Looking at it again now on the site (and not reading Meezo'a post), I would have to agree.

Ignore my previous reply  :P