Win 1 of 2 Absa Cape Epic team entries with USN

News bot

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out a route to get 2500m of elevation in JHB.

Guess it's just going to be hill repeats for days...

Isn't the challenge to do it on one ride.. 2500m with a min of 70km?

At least you have hills we have 1 hill that is 1km long and gains 100m..good thing I am not doing this challenge.. I would die if I had to repeat that hill 25 times and then still have to go find another 20km to complete that challenge.[emoji85]

Edited by Gen

I'm still trying to figure out a route to get 2500m of elevation in JHB.

Guess it's just going to be hill repeats for days... 

Perhaps there should be a "Hub Ride" where all of us aiming to get the climbing in can find a suitable hill and morally support one another to get it done :ph34r:

My partner and I have been discussing how the heck we are going to complete that challenge. For days.

Perhaps there should be a "Hub Ride" where all of us aiming to get the climbing in can find a suitable hill and morally support one another to get it done :ph34r:

My partner and I have been discussing how the heck we are going to complete that challenge. For days.

For the Pta boys and girls....

One or two more hills and you are there.

https://www.strava.com/routes/2861750

Longish ride though......

Question: Epic is a team event ...

If you win, do you choose a team mate from friends ?

or is it a team mate from the competition ?

Question: Epic is a team event ...

If you win, do you choose a team mate from friends ?

or is it a team mate from the competition ?

I read it as winning a team entry. Presumably you go ahead and team up with whoever you want to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was keen on trying to finish. Broke my bike over the weekend and its not fixed yet. guess you win some, you lose some. 

Still hopeful. Was planning to do 120 today but life has caught up with me and I will be using the time to catch up on work and then watch the rugby match this afternoon that my son decided to tell me about at breakfast today. I also failed to mention to my wife that I was at home today and, on finding out this morning, she remembered some urgent horse related tasks that have to be done today. Oh well, let's see what tomorrow brings