Ironman 70.3 Durban

ScottCM

Any recommendations on which bike transport to use for Durbs? I used 'Bicycle Transport' for EL and was very happy with them, although they are charging R950 for Durbs?

Is this the going rate? 

I recommend you stay with Joggie, great guy, cheap and reliable - and I like the fact that he doesn't take your bicycle apart.

Edited by _David_

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any recommendations on which bike transport to use for Durbs? I used 'Bicycle Transport' for EL and was very happy with them, although they are charging R950 for Durbs?

Is this the going rate? 

Troisport also have reasonable rates. They transported my bike to EL and I had zero issues. They also have a mechanic at the pick up site available to help if anything goes wrong. 

Edited by EmJayZA

Yoh, the crickets on this thread!!!  Is everyone out training like crazy and too busy to comment? Race numbers get released and the thread is usually buzzing with hype and excitement!

ok then I'll start - Race number #173

Race number #1504

Training back on track,had a good week so far ,two more weeks to go .

and then my best week taper haha and the drive down to Durban   

Where does one get hold of this race number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a random question. I bought a 2nd hand wetsuit for swimming, but it has a very small tear in in it. I had a couple of swims with it, but want to know if the tear can have any type of negative affect when swimming? 

Got a random question. I bought a 2nd hand wetsuit for swimming, but it has a very small tear in in it. I had a couple of swims with it, but want to know if the tear can have any type of negative affect when swimming? 

The tear may just spread,it is best to get some neoprene glue and patch up and nicks at tears as soon as you see them!  At the PE expo fluidlines had some nice little jars of black glue for wetsuits for about R50 that i picked up and keep in my tri bag. 

If you want to repair it, you should be able to pick up glue at the expo else

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/reef-wetsuit-adhesive-cement

http://xterrawetsuits.co.za/product/neoprene-adhesive-glue-2/

https://fluidlines.co.za/products/wetsuit-glue-black

#1352 I had some good time in the saddle at Sani2C. Now just need to pick up the running km's.