Ironman 2017 - PE

IceCreamMan

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many miles are a set of GP 4000's good for? Mine have done about 3000.

miles? 3000 is brilliant if miles about end of life in kilometres. For me anyway but I weight 100kilos so tend to use tyres quicker n most.

miles? 3000 is brilliant if miles about end of life in kilometres. For me anyway but I weight 100kilos so tend to use tyres quicker n most.

Haha! Sorry, colloquial language. Yes I meant KM - and i also weigh 100kg's, so maybe I should replace them pre IMSA?

Over the last 7 days I have cycled 205 kays, swam 7 kays and run 37 kays. Over the next 4 days until sunday I will swim around 5 kays, run around 20 and cycle around 100 then start taper when the Motogp season starts with a beer or 2 to celebrate (and more if Rossi wiins it)

Next week, rest day Monday, 7 km run on Tuesday morning and a swim in the afternoon. A spin session on Wednesday and a lil swim. A 5 km run in Pe at sedate pace on Thursday afternoon, 40 kay cycle and 1500 metre sea swim on Friday then relax Friday afternoon, chill all day Saturday with maybe a lil swim and then show time.

Feeling pretty good, started the magnesium tablets on Monday so pretty much all systems go.

Also started munching the pumpkin seeds!

I run Continental Gatorskin 25mm at 7bar. Wanted to go with my tubbies but just not worth the risk. Also the GP4000's are good they roll like a dream but not as bulletproof as the Gatorskins. its all a trade off faster tyres=bigger puncture risk-and I am risk averse when it come to IM,

25c vs 23c for IM? I'm quite new to the road bike tyre thing!

25mm at lower pressure is better for the rough PE roads imo

agree... 25mm will make the ride much smoother.

Before splashing out make sure your bike can take the 25mm tyre. Many bikes have severe limitations in this regard, particularly bikes of 2 or 3 years ago.

25c vs 23c for IM? I'm quite new to the road bike tyre thing!

Its the width of the tyre-so the principle is a wider tyre can be run at a lower pressure and runs smoother/faster.    

Edited by Wheelsuck

Its the width of the tyre-so the principle is a wider tyre can be run at a lower pressure and runs smoother/faster.    

I ride tubbies

23mm is pumpped between 10 - 12 bar

25mm is between 6 and say 8 bar

So yes.  I also believe the sealant will be more effective at say 5 bar........

I ride tubbies

23mm is pumpped between 10 - 12 bar

25mm is between 6 and say 8 bar

So yes.  I also believe the sealant will be more effective at say 5 bar........

Ride sealant in my Tubbies-but it can be a bitch as I found out-you have to store your wheels with the valve at 6'O clock so the sealant doesnt run into the valve and then you cannot inflate the tyre-lesson learnt the hard way. 

Edited by Wheelsuck

Just got an email bout VIP access for spectators. Great idea I thought til I saw the price. Damn the cheapest is 4500. Milking it they are